Ear tube tomorrow.

IKE

Like most things I've just been shrugging it off and putting up with it but it's finally come to the point that I've got to be put under and have a ear tube put in tomorrow at 8:00 a.m.

Fluid behind the ear drum for a couple of years and now it's to the point that the whole side of my head aches and I haven't been able to hear out of my right ear for well over a month and have only been wearing my left hearing aid.

ENT doc says that the tube will stay in 6-12 months and may end up being permanent.......cut a little hole in the ear drum, vacuum out as much fluid as he can and then install the tube.

et.jpg

ENT doc says that the tube will stay in 6-12 months and may end up being permanent.......cut a little hole in the ear drum, vacuum out as much fluid as he can and then install the tube.
I think he might be a bit optimistic, but they may work longer than when I had mine done.

Good for you for not putting that off any longer. I hope all goes well and I'm glad you'll be able to start wearing your right aid again. And so are the people sitting on your right side! šŸ˜Š

Like most things I've just been shrugging it off and putting up with it but it's finally come to the point that I've got to be put under and have a ear tube put in tomorrow at 8:00 a.m.

Fluid behind the ear drum for a couple of years and now it's to the point that the whole side of my head aches and I haven't been able to hear out of my right ear for well over a month and have only been wearing my left hearing aid.

View attachment 264655
I hope things go well with your surgery tomorrow Ike, and I hope it brings you relief and good results. Will be thinking of you, good luck.

Thanks for the well wishes.

They called yesterday afternoon and bumped the surgery up to 7:30 and they want me there by 6:15 to do paperwork and to start the IV......it's a 30 minute drive north so we're going to get on the road in about another 20 minutes.

They said nothing to eat or drink past midnight but I'm really hell to be around without my morning coffee so I've been slowly sipping on a 1/2 cup anyway. :)

Surgery went good, pressure and tightness is all but gone and I can hear now pretty well in my right ear whereas before I couldn't hear anything.....doc said that the hearing will gradually increase as my ear heals and calms down from the surgery.

Ofloxacin ear drops twice a day five drops each time......I know that I'm not out of the woods till I heal completely but so far I'm glad that I had it done.

Back