Elijah McClain died of Ketamine overdose

dseag2

Dallas, TX
This sweet boy, who was on the autism scale and who played music to soothe animals, was killed by police officers. They injected a large dose of Ketamine and he died.

His death has now been updated from Undeclared to Complications from Ketamine Administration.

This is still one of the most senseless deaths I've seen, and it breaks my heart.

Not that it will ease the heartbreak of losing Elijah, but I hope his family sues the bazoobas out of the city!!! I feel so sorry for the families who have to go through this heartbreaking BS. :cry: Too many instances! :mad: On the tail end of the story this story World New Tonight showed video of police officers handcuffing a woman, putting her in their cruiser which was parked on the tracks, leaving her there as the train was coming (whistle blowing) while one officer jumped out of the cruiser!! She survived but has serious injuries. I swear they need to screen and train these cops better!!

WTF, why would anyone be injected with ketamine as a sedative? The EMTs know there are many choices, valium, ativan etc. I don't understand why that would even be on an ambulance!! This was outright murder of a person that did not require medicinal restraint IMO. They should have just physically restrained by locking down his arms and legs. Taken to a hospital where actual doctors could have calmed him and given him appropriate medication if needed. Yes, everyone should be sued to the maximum allowed for all parties involved in this atrocity and laws put into place so this can never happen again.

The EMTs should be prosecuted!! The city, county or private company that owns them also holds responsibilty. The sad truth is that this young man has lost his life due to the stupidity of the system that would put that as an option to EMTs. They are not doctors and do not have the training or equipment if something like this happens in their care.

How tragic for a sweet boy. You can hear him say, "I'm just different."

I wonder how the woman who called the police on him feels now? Sketchiness? Please. Lots of people are wearing masks these days. Someone called the police on my son once because her dogs were barking at him louder than usual. It was the middle of the day and he was walking down the road, empty handed, in shorts and t-shirt yet she claimed she thought he might be a robber. My son has a great fear of the police and he could have easily panicked and ran, resulting in something like this.

There's never any consequences for these fussy people who just love to call the police on others.

I had to look it up but this happened before the pandemic. He may have worn the kerchief being worried about germs or something, kind of like people have been wearing masks in Asia for years.

I had heard of this case but hadn't watched any video. This was beyond sad and horrific to watch. He was only walking home.

This is still one of the most senseless deaths I've seen, and it breaks my heart.
It sure is... I usually try to give police the benefit of the doubt in these things, they have a tough dangerous job. However in this case it sure sounds like some kind of serious misconduct.

Did not know that people being arrested were injected with Ketamine, or any other drug, sounds like a bad idea to me.

Sad that this happened...

OMG.. that poor unarmed autistic guy, easy target for the overkill police.. what tragedy for his family.. just awful for them to know how he was attacked .. and attacked he was whether the attackers were in uniform or not, there was no reason for them to jump on him.. they only had to ask him to identify himself and tell them where he was going,a dn why was he wearing a Blaclava.. not that wearing a Blaclava is illegal.. also I think the person who called the police should be totally reprimanded in court.. To call the police simply because of what someone is wearing is just appalling...

That is such a great injustice caused by that lousy police department there. That lousy police department in Aurora has had so many problems over the years. Aurora Colorado is about one hour's ride south from where I live. His death has been deep and personal to me and for the group of guys that I have group therapy with. All those who were associated with his killing need jail time.

To call the police simply because of what someone is wearing is just appalling...
I have seen worse.

My wife is a therapist, a few years back we shared a small office building. One of her clients, a black man, was sitting on the porch waiting his turn.

A neighbor called the police to report a suspicious black man on our porch!! The only reason for suspicion was that he was black in a white neighborhood. Fortunately the police were not aggressive, neither was the man. Cool heads prevailed the police just spoke to the man for a few minutes and left.

They did tell my wife of the call, to explain why they were there. The man seemed ok, I suppose the same may have happened to him before. Kind of sad to think that. I had noticed the man as well, but did not see any reason for concern.

We never did find out for sure which neighbor called, maybe for the best I might have felt obliged to say some pretty unneighborly things to them...

I have seen worse.

My wife is a therapist, a few years back we shared a small office building. One of her clients, a black man, was sitting on the porch waiting his turn.

A neighbor called the police to report a suspicious black man on our porch!! The only reason for suspicion was that he was black in a white neighborhood. Fortunately the police were not aggressive, neither was the man. Cool heads prevailed the police just spoke to the man for a few minutes and left.

They did tell my wife of the call, to explain why they were there. The man seemed ok, I suppose the same may have happened to him before. Kind of sad to think that. I had noticed the man as well, but did not see any reason for concern.

We never did find out for sure which neighbor called, maybe for the best I might have felt obliged to say some pretty unneighborly things to them...
we had something a while back where a person called the police on a man walking along the road and said that he was carrying a gun... a gun mind you..here in the UK.. so you can imagine, the police were straight there.. and they killed him... The guy was carrying a Table Leg... !!!

This is what I mean about people who report these things should be held accountable..

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2004/oct/29/ukcrime1

Last edited:
also I think the person who called the police should be totally reprimanded in court.. To call the police simply because of what someone is wearing is just appalling...
I had a similar reaction, but people call the police for all kinds of silly reasons, so it does end with the police, who have to decide if the person is doing something illegal. I this case, I didn't hear anything during the arrest that would have warranted an arrest, IMO.

So what were the medical results of his autopsy ? In my jurisdiction ( Province of Ontario in Canada ) EVERY person who dies while in Police custody IS subject to a autopsy done by the Ontario Center for Forensic Medicine. And a independent investigation by the Special Investigation Unit, which is NOT a Police organization that reports directly to the Provincial Minister of the Attorney General. The SIU reports are public knowledge and are widely reported in our media. Does anyone have any medical reports about this death ? Jimb. In Toronto

I have had Ketamine. It’s probably one of the safest sedatives on the market for use in outpatient routine surgeries. But, like any other drug, it can be overdosed, which obviously, in this case it was. From what I have read, the young man shouldn’t even had been held. He wasn’t doing anything illegal, so he should have been sent on his way. For crying out loud, try using some damn common sense once.
He was stopped because a neighbor reported him “looking suspicious.” What’s that mean?
So what were the medical results of his autopsy ? In my jurisdiction ( Province of Ontario in Canada ) EVERY person who dies while in Police custody IS subject to a autopsy done by the Ontario Center for Forensic Medicine. And a independent investigation by the Special Investigation Unit, which is NOT a Police organization that reports directly to the Provincial Minister of the Attorney General. The SIU reports are public knowledge and are widely reported in our media. Does anyone have any medical reports about this death ? Jimb. In Toronto
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/amended-elijah-mcclain-autopsy-report-153700710.html

I have had Ketamine. It’s probably one of the safest sedatives on the market for use in outpatient routine surgeries. But, like any other drug, it can be overdosed, which obviously, in this case it was. From what I have read, the young man shouldn’t even had been held. He wasn’t doing anything illegal, so he should have been sent on his way. For crying out loud, try using some damn common sense once.
He was stopped because a neighbor reported him “looking suspicious.” What’s that mean?

Thank you for that link. It is obvious to me that the use of Ketamine in this situation lead to the death of the young man. Thank you again for the information. JimB. In Toronto.

Wish BC had that when the cops killed Fred Quilt in Williams Lake.

The city of aurora settled the lawsuit in late 2021 for $15 million.

Concerning the video, while a 911 can support the basis for a detention/Terry stop, I do not see the facts there to support it.

As I understand it, Elijah was anemic so he wore a mask because he was frequently cold. The family will receive a $15 million settlement, so there is justice in that respect, but based on interviews I've seen with his mother I'm sure she would rather just have him back.
No amount of money could replace my son. And if justice is not properly served, no amount would make me be at peace with that.

I had to look it up but this happened before the pandemic. He may have worn the kerchief being worried about germs or something, kind of like people have been wearing masks in Asia for years.

I had heard of this case but hadn't watched any video. This was beyond sad and horrific to watch. He was only walking home.
I think it was his mother that said he was anemic and often felt cold so that was the reason for the mask.

@jimintoronto Why do you always put your name after you post? We can see that it's you posting by looking to the left of the text field. Just wondering...:unsure:

Back