Elton John all the time.

Great tune Olivia... I recently saw a movie about his life... I honestly never knew he was gay till I Isaw his movie... But feel it was very well done and had a very hard childhood... He is a fantastic musician... When I was much younger of a man, I had all his records... and loved all his songs...

I've always liked Elton John and his music
I saw the bi pic of his life'Rocketman' ,loved it.Taron Egerton who played him was excellent did all the singing in the movie.Jamie Bell was terrific as his lyricist,Bernie Taupin.

I've never been much of an Elton John fan, but I remember this one. When I first heard it I was miserable in my first marriage and the thought of leaving was very appealing, but by then we had two small kids and I was stuck.

Last edited:
Another Elton John song that I really like. Such a positive view on aging. Much better than characterizing one as "senior" like every "older" person is the same as any other. I love this song.

Memories: In the summer of 1972 I was hanging around this bar in Rochester NY; it was a young crowd as I was young myself. It seems like every time I went in there "Rocket Man" was playing on the jukebox ("What is a 'jukebox'?" -- asks the millennial).

I didn't even know who Elton John was, but I liked "Rocket Man."

It was a long hot summer, great for motorcycling and barhopping.

On Halloween night in 1971 I went to see Elton John at the Boston Tea Party (now "House of Blues" I believe)
He was was dressed as a clown and was alone with his Grand Piano doing handstands as he played. The only
song I knew was "Your Song" as he only had 2 albums out and was a newcomer (I'm assuming now that he
had already played the "Troubador" on the West Coast at this point). He actually has a song called "Holiday Inn"
and often wondered if this is where he stayed when he played the Tea Party. Believe it or not, I paid $5 to see
him and had no idea he was going to become an international superstar! My favorite album was "Goodbye
Yellow Brick Road" (the one he said he would never be able to outdo)

Back