End of the Manly Man?

SeaBreeze

Endlessly Groovin'
There's more and more men nowadays shaving their legs, waxing their chests and eyebrows, now even wearing make up on a daily basis. I saw on a morning talk show this guy who used make up every morning just like a woman, because it evened out his skin tone and made him look healthier. I think more and more men are becoming more feminine...I like a man with chest hair (and a pair). :hair: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-increasing-pressure-beautify-themselves.html

2x06-Afternoon-Delight-Animated-gif-Michael-What-No-no-no-no-arrested-development-7915781-300-167.gif

I didn't know all of this. Don't know anyone like that. I guess I didn't realize anyone but national sportscasters went for it.

I can understand being clean & looking presentable, but men are supposed to have hairy chests, aren't they?? I know some men just look more feminine, but why try to look that way??

I don't personally know any men like that, who are so involved with their looks, or even have manicures for that matter. But I do see some out on the street, and many on TV. I think if a man has real bushy eyebrows, he may trim them in the mirror with a pair of scissors, use nose and ear trimmers...but no waxing of chests, backs, legs, eyebrows, etc. Maybe if you're a movie star, always on camera or HD TV, you might want to do those things...but I think it's strange for a man to go there. I remember first seeing 'smooth' men, and they were professional (or wannabe) bodybuilders.

'I can remember my dad's cosmetic shelf consisted of a bar of soap and a bottle of Old Spice ...'

That's pretty much me.

The only guys I've ever known to do ANY of that stuff were the wiseguys in Little Italy - they used to get manicures. I tend to look like Bobo the Ape-Boy but you'll never catch me plucking, tweezing, flash-lighting (or whatever they call those gizmos) or shaving anything but my face and neck.

"Girly-boys" - LOL! I can still hear Arnold saying that ...

Kind of ironic Arnie saying that really, considering he never seemed to have a single hair growing below ear level himself.

That's true, and he regularly oiled himself up and watched himself pose in mirrors. He also spent a lot of time hanging around sweaty men in posing trunks.

Hmmm ... now you've made me question reality once again ... :playful:

Okay - John Wayne. NOBODY can say John Wayne was a girly-boy.

... even though his first name was Marion ...

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! :sorrow:

.... and he walked like a drag queen.

Dang! Another one bites the dust.

Okay, then ... ummm ...

Gary Cooper. "Coop" was a man's man. He had numerous affairs while married - Anita Ekberg, Marlene Dietrich, Grace Kelly, Tallulah Bankhead, Patricia Neal ... not that that kind of behavior makes one a man, but it was pretty much expected and anticipated of hetero male leads in those heady Hollywood days.

You'd never see Coop tweezing his eyebrows.

Gary-Cooper.jpg

I like that straight men take care of themselves & get manicures & pedicures, but you don't hear of many who do because it's expensive and for some may be a bit questionable.

Even tho I can't really afford it, I use the excuse I can't bend well enough to do a pedicure & don't want an ingrown toenail. Had one at an early age that cause severe infection, so every few mos I treat myself. The shop I go to provides them for free for our Carolina Panthers football team...and they take advantage of it. Big burly guys with their hands & toes outstretched for pampering... I've seen a few of them in there and they have no shame of it and IMO, why should they? It feels so good and looks even better!

But, please, don't shave that gorgeous chest hair off guys. The women I know love it! Nothing about scumbag Arnold has ever remotely appealed to me, waxed or not.

... The shop I go to provides them for free for our Carolina Panthers football team...and they take advantage of it. Big burly guys with their hands & toes outstretched for pampering... I've seen a few of them in there and they have no shame of it and IMO, why should they? It feels so good and looks even better!

Still rather suspect in my opinion. What - they can't bend over to do their toes, either? They can't use a dollar-store nail clipper on their fingernails? I doubt that ... if they're like the other jocks I've known they're just on a power trip, having women cater to them.

Knute Rockne is turning over in his grave. :(

But, please, don't shave that gorgeous chest hair off guys. The women I know love it! Nothing about scumbag Arnold has ever remotely appealed to me, waxed or not.

Wow! Tell us how you really feel about him ... ;)

As a BTW, the picture in Sea's article wasn't of a man - it was of a boy. So either the article title was in error or they put the wrong picture in.

Talking movie star examples... I contend that those few seconds of Chuck Heston in a loin cloth on that raft in Ben Hur was the greatest piece of cinematography to date.

I have that magic moment recorded for referrence when I've had enough of the buffed and puffed variety, just to remind me what blokes are supposed to look like at their best.

Look- alikes may apply to audition any damned time they like. (Body doubles that is, wasn't all that taken with the head.)

... yet he's one of the highest-profile representatives for private gun ownership in the world ...

Ah, well ... I guess you can't have everything in one package, eh, ladies? :devilish:

It may be a southern thing or an old lady thing, but I wouldn't walk on the beach with a guy dressed like this if he was over the age of 2. And I like Daniel Craig. Speedo or similar just doesn't appeal to me. Maybe there's something wrong with me, ya think?

I like the old hairy chest slightly muscled guy any day against all these guys today that to look manly they think they have to have muscles bulging all over the place to be attractive to a woman

Back