Enjoying a few things from my china closet.

Ruth n Jersey

I usually put out some seasonal artificial flowers on my dining room table but decided to display a few things I had tucked away in my china closet.
This was my moms cocoa set given to her by my grandmother when they first got married.

I found an old wicker tray, added the doily my great aunt made, then decided the little candle holders would look nice along with some little glass blackberries that were in a dish in the closet as well.
Now when I walk past the table it brings back wonderful memories.

The vase holds my first little bouquet of lavender that I grew from seed 2 years ago. dining room table.JPG

I usually put out some seasonal artificial flowers on my dining room table but decided to display a few things I had tucked away in my china closet.
This was my moms cocoa set given to her by my grandmother when they first got married.

I found an old wicker tray, added the doily my great aunt made, then decided the little candle holders would look nice along with some little glass blackberries that were in a dish in the closet as well.

The vase holds my first little bouquet of lavender that I grew from seed 2 years ago. View attachment 169609
A most gorgeous collection of fine living things, Ruth, with a little bit of everything having something special in the way of attached memories.

I love it all, and the table runner is to die for!

The vase holds my first little bouquet of lavender that I grew from seed 2 years ago. View attachment 169609
The little glass blackberries are so cute!

@PamfromTx thanks, I found them rolling around in the bottom of a box of yarn I purchased years ago at a garage sale. Just to cute to throw away, I'm glad I saved them.

LOL - I know that drill.

You buy a box of something at a yard sale; there's other somethings in that box that your sensibilities won't allow you to just jettison and that's how I've accumulated way too much stuff. Enough stuff that I've rented storage lockers to park that 'stuff' in

OTOH - I've successfully rehomed some stuff listing it on eBay. It's absolutely amazing the things other people collect.

Back