ER on Hulu

MarkinPhx

Hulu now has the entire of run of ER and since I never did watch it when it first aired I decided to start watching it. I've only watched a couple of episodes and enjoyed them and it seems to hold up very well. Any thoughts from those who did watch it when it aired ? Is there a time when you thought the show ran out of steam ? My only concern is that I see where it could easily turn into a primetime soap opera instead of a medical show. Nothing against primetime soap operas but they are just not my cup of tea.

After a few seasons, there was a revolving door of characters that did the show no good. They seemed to think they had to kill people off rather than let them go somewhere else, and the killing people off really made me dislike the show.

It became a primetime soap opera fairly quickly because the writing team was either ordered to or preferred to focus on characters' personal drama instead of medical emergencies.

The best thing about it after a few seasons is that at least it didn't have Mandy Patinkin.

I watched ER for many seasons, not all of it though. It does become a bit more soap opera-ish once the characters develop more, but I don't think you can avoid that. I remember the show fondly.

Back