Ever had a product idea?

I have a drawer full of copyrights, but I'll never do anything with them.
me too... but ya never know?

been doing a bit of copyleft (shareware) lately but those don't seem to get any "copy" either.

Last edited:
me too... but ya never know?

been doing a bit of copyleft (shareware) lately but those don't seem to get any "copy" either.
You should try... might get good results!!
Did you ever see the movie "Joy?"
Who would want to spend the rest of their life
fighting to get their product out or battling
copyright vandals? Not me!

Somewhat...
Depends on the specifics..

well, I'm at a point in life, where I've come to finally acknowledge that youth is no longer on my side, but I was needin' a place to park my enthusiasm. there's a plethora of products one can design for. just pick a niche that you're knowledgeable / passionate about and gear towards that.

Nothing since my days in the Navy. During the Viet Nam war the marines were using a lot of General Electric T58 GE 8F Turboshaft Engines in their Hu2k helos due to erosion of the compressor blades.

In order to get QEC engines QEC= Quick Engine Change we had to develop some specialty tools & engine container modifications. I came up with a few of the ideas that were used to accomplish that goal. Our facility was able to do 28 engines a month completely rebuilt & ready to be installed. Other facilities copied our processes so while not setting foot in Viet Nam we were able to help those that were over there.

I thought about inventing a faucet that can remember the temperature settings you use for washing your hands or your shower settings so you wouldn't need to fiddle with the lever each time to find the perfect setting. I think some electronic valve faucets may have that ability these days, but they're probably really expensive.

I invented a hand meat slicer a while back that gave the user thin, consistent thickness slices, and even built a prototype, but that's as far as it got.

I also invented a new kind of shovel used to pick up leaves from a pile.

What else...

Back in the '90s I had the idea from a tablet screen that would mirror your computer screen but you could just hold it like a book, so it would have been an e-reader or sorts, or you could have played videos on it, and browse the web, among other things.

Back