Ever play with a flight simulator?

Grampa Don

Yep, that's me
It's amazing how far they have come. I've had several versions of Microsoft flight sim. The first one was for my Commodore C-64 home computer back in the 80's. Here's what the screen looked like. I still have this computer and it still works.

Here is a screen shot from Microsoft flight simulator X, the last version they made. The ground scenery is an add-on and it's accurate.

There are newer programs that are even better. I just have a joystick, but some hobbyists build complete cockpit mock-ups that look like the real thing.

Don

Yes my son did I still have it here, will give to his grandchildren, he would be up late playing on it, my husband had a biplane so he was born with the love of it, he went to airanotacle? School in Tulsa OK

Yes my son did I still have it here, will give to his grandchildren, he would be up late playing on it, my husband had a biplane so he was born with the love of it, he went to airanotacle? School...
Aeronautical. Aero as in Aerospace/nautical as is movement, travel. "Apollo 11 is 100 nautical miles down range" (after liftoff).

It's amazing how far they have come. I've had several versions of Microsoft flight sim. The first one was for my Commodore C-64 home computer back in the 80's. Here's what the screen looked like. I still have this computer and it still works.

View attachment 71833

Here is a screen shot from Microsoft flight simulator X, the last version they made. The ground scenery is an add-on and it's accurate.
View attachment 71834

There are newer programs that are even better. I just have a joystick, but some hobbyists build complete cockpit mock-ups that look like the real thing.

Don
That looks like what I have of my sons

View attachment 71833

View attachment 71834

Don
yes this looks like the same one of my sons programs 2005-2006

Back