Ever Seen An Amish Pizza Delivery Guy?

No, but I did watch an interesting scene. At a flea market in Lancaster county one summer. We were parked, I was sitting in our auto and I watched a young boy dressed as Amish take an item from their tent behind to their auto, a newer SUV, open the back and put the item inside, close it up and then return to their tent.

Kinda took the edge off my Amish experience.

Last edited:
I watched a young boy dressed as Amish take an item from their tent behind to their auto, a newer SUV, open the back and put the item inside, close it up and then return to their tent.
LOL! Amish can and often do ride with non-Amish, is that possible? I had a friend who's first job was to drive a van to pickup Amish carpenters and take them to and from construction sites, apparently nothing wrong with that just so the driver wasn't Amish.

Last edited:
When I worked for Toronto Ambulance in 70's and 80's, I used to see Mennonite folks going to hospitals in Toronto for treatment. They were from Waterloo and Wellington counties, about 70 miles west of Toronto. They were transported to Toronto in 10 passenger window vans, driven by hired drivers. The vans were black, and the chrome had been painted over, with black paint. In the Kitchener Waterloo area there are a number of large Mennonite owned business operations, such as Martin's pet foods, and a number of companies that build high quality furniture. For those that don't know...There a number of different sects within the Mennonite religion. The old order are the ones who farm using horses and no electric power. The reformed Mennonites are more modern and use modern things like cars and appliances and they often own a business or they are self employed craftsmen. The Mennonites here in Canada are good neighbours and are well respected in our country. JimB.

No, but I did watch an interesting scene. At a flea market in Lancaster county one summer. We were parked, I was sitting in our auto and I watched a young boy dressed as Amish take an item from their tent behind to their auto, a newer SUV, open the back and put the item inside, close it up and then return to their tent.

Kinda took the edge off my Amish experience.
Was he Mennonite maybe?

Back