Ever wanted to Visit Ireland? Come for a walk around Galway City

Absolutely, don't know why I have not yet been. I am part Irish, have an Irish sir name, and know more about my Irish ancestor than any other. Not to mention it looks like a great place to visit!

Thanks for the video, @hollydolly
You're welcome. I'm a born and raised Scot to Irish grandparents both sides, who came to Scotland during the Potato famine.. Our Name is Cassidy... There's probably as many Irish in Scotland as there are in Ireland.. it's literally just across the water.. :D

I'm a born and raised Scot to Irish grandparents both sides, who came to Scotland during the Potato famine.. Our Name is Cassidy... There's probably as many Irish in Scotland as there are in Ireland.. it's literally just across the water.. :D
We are probably a similar mix. As I think I have said before I can trace my ancestry back to Rob Roy, but it turns out so can about a million others...

William Daly Burtchaell of Kilkenny is my most recently immigrated ancestor, and second to Rob Roy perhaps the most famous, although of quite minor fame. He survived Pickett's Charge, on the Confederate side at Gettysburg in the US Civil War. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Burtchaell-141

The Dingle Peninsula has long been high on my list of want to visit Irish places. Thanks for the video.

In 2009 my wife and I traveled around the island for ten days. (a) The people were incredibly friendly and helpful; and (b) really nice hotels were only $40 a night. On the other hand, the roads were awfully narrow and the driving caused me nightmares.

I like these street strolls. It’s the real deal.
My ancestry is from counties Mayo, Donegal, and Cork.
I have never been. My brother has many times and keeps encouraging me to do it.
There is another channel: Jamie Jay Car. He does street interviews. A series named “32 questions, 32 counties”. Hilarious!

Back