Experiencing my 4th UTI since May.

Marie5656

Lie this year has not been enough of a challenge. The past ones I went to Urgent Care, but today I went to my doctor. We had a long chat about what is going on with me. At best, I would average 1 or 2 a year...and before May of this year I had not had one in almost 2 years.
We decided she would refer me to a Urologist to look into this better. Especially since my mom had bladder cancer. So, on top of every thig else, I have this to deal with.

WHEN will this year be over??????

I had a bad one 17 years ago, with high fever. Make sure you drink lots of water - it may prevent them. I heard if urine is dark, drink more.

It seems like you‘re becoming immune to the antibiotics.

It’s surprising that one of Urgent Care doctors didn’t send you to see someone else.

It's too soon to worry but definitely get the Urologist's opinion and suggestions for treatment/prevention.

Sometimes the cause is as simple as limited mobility. The more difficult it is to get to the bathroom the fewer liquids people tend to consume and the less frequently they completely flush out their systems.

Don't let this distract you from all of the good things that are happening with your move to a new home.

Good luck, Marie!

I am reviving this thread as on Friday, I had symptoms of yet ANOTHER UTI. Going to a urologist next week, as this is nuts. Any way, the PA put me on a 3 day course of Bactrim which has worked before. Plus she suggested I start taking a probiotic, as I have been on so many anti biotics this year.
This morning I got a call from another PA at the Urgent Care. My urine culture came back, and they determined that whatever bug was in me THIS time, was not going to respond to the Bactrim. So he told me he ordered 5 days of Cipro for me. Just waiting for the pharmacy to text me it has been filled,
I am so tired of this. The urologist appt next week cannot come too soon

I can appreciate your pain. It’s been a while for me. DD had a quick day surgery for hers.

Back