Falcon is the Better Man

I will hereby refrain from throwing any more barbs at Falcon!

He deserves the highest respect of any member of this Forum.

During WW2, he piloted many bombing missions over Germany, and I know his raids helped hasten VE Day in May 1945.

Falcon really did something to help defeat the Nazis, while I was just a kid in Grammar School.

On the other hand, I was an Army enlisted man stationed in Seoul, Korea, during the peacetime years of 1961-1962, 8 years after the Armistice ending the Korean Conflict.

I had easy duty in a Communications Center maintaining radio equipment, which is hardly a heroic assignment!

So now I will show only respect for Falcon, and will not try to correct him should he be in error about some insignificant, trivial thing, but will honor him for really giving something of value for his Country!

HiDesertHal

"So now I will show only respect for Falcon, and will not try to correct him should he be in error about some insignificant, trivial thing, but will honor him for really giving something of value for his Country!"

Good Idea Hal!

I missed the contest as well..but regardless ...I agree, Falcon does.. like so many who put their lives at risk to allow us to sit here in freedom and without fear of repression behind a keyboard living a life which would have been likely impossible, if it hadn't been for Falcon and his fellow men and women who were prepared to fight for all of us, to go through hell and fear and sheer courage ..and especially those of us who weren't born during the war years , so we could be given a life of freedom to verbally attack these brave, brave men on a faceless website...so Quit it...anyone who does that.

Just remember if you're under the age of 62 without Falcon you may never have been born...

good Post Hal :peace:

Edit...actually that should have read ''72'' years old... not 62...

I missed the contest as well..but regardless ...I agree, Falcon does.. like so many who put their lives at risk to allow us to sit here in freedom and without fear of repression behind a keyboard living a life which would have been likely impossible, if it hadn't been for Falcon and his fellow men and women who were prepared to fight for all of us, to go through hell and fear and sheer courage ..and especially those of us who weren't born during the war years , so we could be given a life of freedom to verbally attack these brave, brave men on a faceless website...so Quit it...anyone who does that.

Just remember if you're under the age of 62 without Falcon you may never have been born...

good Post Hal :peace:

Ditto.....

Back