Fall in the Adirondacks.

In my travels, I only got as far North as Delaware County. It was so beautiful up there. The Adirondacks are even more beautiful. Must confess that I envy those who live in that great region.
I am in Florida now but I did live in upstate NY most of my life. My dad and I would spend as much time as we could fishing in the hundreds of lakes there. A little out of the way lake we called Spy Lake was a favorite. Small but full of fish.

@Pappy ~ any apple trees in the old backyard?

My fave apples: NY Golden Delicious =

R.25aa315518a9ece6dff2f1073f631b10

How I wish I had friends who lived in the area who owned many trees bearing golden delicious apples and who would send me a box full of them every year. If only there was some way to find a magical lamp and genie who would grant my every wish. I'd have a home there, have tons of apple trees, eat fresh apple pie every week, and drink lots of fresh well water.

D@mn how life is so cruel to me and made me live in the big cities!

Thanks for posting such beautiful pictures. Here in the high desert of Nevada there are not many trees to watch turn. I often think of a trip just to see the fall colors. OOO I have been looking into a train trip coast to coast. Now might be a good time!

Back