Favorite "sappy" movies

applecruncher

SF VIP
Anatomy of a Seduction (1979) (TV movie)
Susan Flannery, Rita Moreno, Jameson Parker

40-something divorcee - a successful architect - unintentionally has affair and falls in love with 20 yr old college student, who happens to be the son of her best friend. Uh oh.

Rita Moreno rocks.....she had me crying. I love the music at beginning & end.

AND, you can see the entire movie here on youtube! :)

Callie & Son (1981)
(TV movie)
Lindsay Wagner, Jameson Parker, Dabney Coleman, Michele Pfeiffer

A woman battles her way up the social ladder from waitress to fabulously wealthy socialite. Soon she's wielding great power within her social circle but is powerless to stop her son from getting involved with a beautiful young schemer.

Real tearjerker. :cry:

Posted the movie below. Problem with fonts in this post.

Jameson Parker is in both those movies; he had a sweet face but still was a handsome young man. He moved on to Simon & Simon; he's 70 now.

I think the title Anatomy of a Seduction is misleading - there was no seduction. Things just kind of happened.

I know that this is rather predictable from a guy but I still cry like a baby when I watch this.

HI,MartinPix,I also cry whenever I see this moving TV movie about Chicago Bears Gayle Sayers friendship with his football team mate,Brain Piccolo. A young Billy Dee Williams played Sayers,James Caan as Piccolo Sue

One of my favorites sappy movies I like to still watch now and then is "Come Fly With ME" with Dolores Hart and Hugh O'Brien where three flight attendants fly to Paris and then Vienna and find love along the way, of course! Why not? And there's intrigue and drama, some serious, some fun. And they tour around those two cities which I really like viewing. I believe this was Dolores Hart's last movie before she entered a convent.

Passions (1984)

Joanne Woodward, Richard Crenna, Lindsay Wagner

Married businessman leads a double life - hidden mistress and a son.Then he dies......
Catfight at the funeral!! :eek:mg1: :laugh:

But the ending...meh...made me say "yeah, riiiiight". JMHO

I always cry whenever I watch movie'My Dog Skip" '2000
Its based on writer Willie Morris's memoir of growing up in 40's in small southern Mississippi town with his beloved jack Russell terrier,'Skip'.
The movie is narrated by Harry Connick,Jr with a wonderful cast:
Frankie Munoz,Diane Lane,Kevin Beacon,Luke Wilson,Clint Howard

Love Hate Love (1971) TV movie

Sappy? How about "eyeroll inducing"... :lofl:

Rich, jilted jetsetter (Peter Haskell) harasses his ex-girlfriend (Lesley Ann Warren)...a model, of course... and her new husband (Ryan O'Neal).

Here's the whole movie.

The Oscar (1966)

I found out one of my guilty pleasure movies has sometimes been classified as the “Best Terrible Movie Ever Made”. :laugh: What an honor. Full of unintentional laughs in the wrong places. and the dialogue... :sick:

Frankie Fane (Stephen Boyd) has clawed his way to the top of the Hollywood heap. Now, as he's preparing to win his Oscar, his friend Hymie Kelly (Tony Bennett) reminisces over their life together, and Frankie's ruthless struggle to the top and the people he's stepped on (i.e., everyone else in the movie) to make it there.

Jill St. John, Elke Sommer, Milton Berle, Broderick Crawford, Ernest Borgnine, Edie Adams, and many more who should be ashamed of themselves. Cameos by Bob Hope, Merle Oberon, and Frank Sinatra.

Here it is – in sections …pt 1 thru 9.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZDZzV1d53U

Terms of Endearment and Steel Magnolias.

Hmmm. Gotta disagree; opinions differ, but...

I don't think Terms of Endearment was sappy - I thought it was an excellent movie. It won 5 Oscars, including Best Picture.

I've never seen Steel Magnolias, but I know the basic plotline.

Back