Fear of the dentist

Conce

I have a phobia about the dentist. It is so severe and my teeth are so damaged that I can no longer eat healthy meals b/c I can't chew. I was a decent looking person until my teeth started to fail. Fear of the dentist has literally ruined my life. I am trying to find sleep dentistry, but really don't know where to start. Does anyone share this phobia or have any answers?

I have a phobia about the dentist. It is so severe and my teeth are so damaged that I can no longer eat healthy meals b/c I can't chew. I was a decent looking person until my teeth started to fail. Fear of the dentist has literally ruined my life. I am trying to find sleep dentistry, but really don't know where to start. Does anyone share this phobia or have any answers?
Call a dentist tell them what you've told us, and ask them if they'll put you to sleep if they agree to work on you.. They deal with Phobias all the time, so don't be scared. You can't go on not being able to chew.. and further to that, bad teeth has been connected with Heart problems...

I had a mild phobia about the dentist which I am now free of, but @Conce you sound like you need to take the advice already given here concerning talking to a dentist about the problem.

My daughter is a Nurse Unit Manager (NUM) of a dental/facial unit of a major public hospital in Sydney. They have trained nurses available to monitor patients who require anaesthesia. They also have some of the best dental surgeons available.

I am confident that if you can find a facility that caters to your need you will be very pleased to once again have a healthy mouth. Don't give up.

I'm still a white knuckle chair arm gripper when I go to the dentist. My wife convinced/threatened me long ago to get me to go regularly. I soon came to see that the cleaning and checkups could be tolerated in order to avoid the worse things that involved drilling and such. I just offer to buy new covers for the chair arms when I go...

Back