Felicity Huffman sentencing tomorrow

applecruncher

SF VIP
(Varsity Blue college admission cheating scandal)

Do you think she will get some prison time?

Hard to say....judge might want to send a message.
But I'm predicting stiff fine, community service... maybe house arrest.

Last edited:
I respect that she owned up to what she did, I just scratch my head and wonder as to why she would have done such a thing just to make sure her kid gets into college of her choice? Well it’s a good lesson for any parent who’s gonna try this nonsense again.

One report said they thought she would get a month in jail.

That would give her enough material for a docudrama or a mini-series about her life behind bars.

At first prosecutors asked for 4 months in prison, now they're asking for just 1 month. Then I saw where lots of people including Eve Longoria wrote letters to the judge. Hmmm. Well, we'll see.

I'm sick and tired of seeing these entitled rich people get off with a slap on the wrist.

If it were up to me she would get 20 years of hard time on the rock pile.

Was this a public supported college ? Or completely private college ?

I have not followed this, so educate me......what crime did she commit ? I know from the news, that she used her influence & some money to get her child into [a] college correct? But how is that criminal ?

I wonder why Felicity's husband,actor William H. Macy wasn't indicted too. He had to know what she was doing for their daughter,very strange.
As for the other well known actress in this scandal,Lori Loughlin,she has plead not guilty with helping her daughters getting into USC. I find her to be more arrogant than Felicity, in her mind she hasn't done anything wrong.Whenever her case comes up,I hope she gets a much longer prison sentence than Huffman did

3 months in prison and $50,000 fine would have been better.
Felicity is now a convicted felon, not something to be taken lightly.

@moviequeen1

Lori Loughlin will most likely be convicted and get about a year in prison and a very steep fine. Yes, she is arrogant.

For this ?

"and she has been charged with conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud, a charge that carries a sentence of up to 20 years, according to The New York Times."

Do you just hate this woman ? As I read it, all she did was try to secure the best for her child. If you had her money & influence ? ...You wouldn't ?

I do not see the crime ! In fact, I have never even heard of "honest services mail fraud" ?

A college has a product for sale,...."education" if she is willing to pay an inflated price for it ? Why should we care.

Now if you know how or why, this actually effects us ? Please share you knowledge.

I'm sick and tired of seeing these entitled rich people get off with a slap on the wrist.

If it were up to me she would get 20 years of hard time on the rock pile.

Don't be ridiculous. Her "crime" was trying to get her kid a college education. She was given a two week jail sentence and a $30K fine.

all she did was try to secure the best for her child. If you had her money & influence ? ...You wouldn't ?
She paid to have her daughters SAT scores altered to show she scored better than what she did. Did she think so little of her daughter, to do that, behind her back? That she wasn't smart enough to pass her SAT without helping her?

To me, it's a betrayal. She cheated on behalf of her daughter. I don't care how much money one has...let the child get through life on their own merits without cheating! They'll learn to study harder to achieve their goals.

They are rich. Their children will be fine, whether going to a 2nd tier college, or none at all. With parents who are stars in the industry, there will always be some place for them. In the meantime, some kid who worked hard for admittance lost a chance to get in. It's theft.

Back