Florida water parks shutting down as freezing temperatures hit state

No use going to southern Spain either looking for sunshine , alicante airport has been closed for 2 days due to snow storms...*yikes*
23633220-7907729-S-a-43_1579524794869.jpg

..and the coastal areas have been battered by storms...

23633216-7907729-image-m-62_1579526784674.jpg

It's only the second time in about 20 years I've known this to happen, it's usually median temps and sunny at this time of year

We will be covering our orange tree tonight, but I lived here in the 70s and we also experienced cold snaps during this time of the year and from my recollection the orange groves did suffer during that time.

It was in the 40's last night......brrrrrr. If I had three dogs, it would have been a Three Dog Night. But I don't, so it was a three blanket night.

I did get to wear my heavy wooly bathrobe, though, so there was a bright side....

I just love when we (Houston) get cold nights and I can wear winter flannel jammies and put a heavy blanket on the bed ... sleep so good. zzzzzzzzz

C'mon folks. If we so choose, we live in a 70 F world. North or south, heat and AC in homes , cars, stores, etc.. If you can't take the couple of minutes for the car to heat up or cool down, then you're out of luck.

And I'm speaking of retired folks. If your job takes you outdoors, then you suffer during winters in the north and summers in the south but if you are retired, there's no need for misery.

Since I live in the Pocono Mountains of Northeastern , PA where it was 5-10 degrees F the other morning; 49 degrees doesn't seem that bad. I only had a few brief visits to Fla. You guys are surrounded by ocean and you live next one of the world's largest swamps, what the hell do you need with water parks?

Back