For anyone who has ever lost a pet

Pinky, I want you to know you have helped me so much. My cat that I had for almost 22 years had just died the day before you started this post. I read it for the first time that day and I couldn't read it without crying. Now today, I can read it and smile and think now she is with my husband who passed away several years ago and both of them loved each other very much so they are once again enjoying each other. Thank you so much for this post.

Many people have a wall of photos of their parents, kids and grandkids. I have a photo wall of all my dogs.
We do too, with their old collars hanging next to their pictures.

Below is Addy, she was a rescue dog who's company we enjoyed for many years. She passed in Oct 2019.
Below Addy's picture is Simmy, who we have now. We got her in March of last year, as an 8 week old pup.
She's a lot of fun and fills the day as we pass the time while hiding from the corona bug.. :)
addy.JPG
simmy1.jpeg

sim2.JPG

@HazyDavey

Addy looks so much like our two previous x-labs, Moe and Mackie. We have photos of them in the bedroom .. also a rawhide shoe with one of their collars rolled up inside it. There's also a ginger jar urn carrying the ashes of one.

Simmy is beautiful .. I bet she's a joy to spend time with :)

Our sweet pup is getting very near his life's end. We rescued him 14 years ago - he's now roughly 15 and has developed serious back problems. His pain/discomfort is controlled by meds and (mostly) riding in a baby stroller when we go for walks. Since he's only about 12 pounds he's no trouble to lift or carry.

When the time comes that his pain cannot be controlled, we'll have to let him go. It's an excruciating path we've walked before. The very thought of losing him brings tears to my eyes.

This thread brings me comfort - not only @Pinky's original post, but all the sweet thoughts so many have expressed about their beloved pets.

Our sweet pup is getting very near his life's end. We rescued him 14 years ago - he's now roughly 15 and has developed serious back problems. His pain/discomfort is controlled by meds and (mostly) riding in a baby stroller when we go for walks. Since he's only about 12 pounds he's no trouble to lift or carry.

When the time comes that his pain cannot be controlled, we'll have to let him go. It's an excruciating path we've walked before. The very thought of losing him brings tears to my eyes.

This thread brings me comfort - not only @Pinky's original post, but all the sweet thoughts so many have expressed about their beloved pets.
@StarSong .. They are family, and bring us so much joy. I hope your precious pup still gets enjoyment on his stroller rides.

Back