For the Love of Darts

Feelslikefar

Back in the late 70's, I got the Dart bug, joining a rookie team on a Dart leaque.

Pacticed hours and hours, learning my 'outs' (how to finish).
Along with the Dart skills needed to hit where you aim, you MUST KNOW how to do the 'math'
on the Fly. ( no machines doing the math for you, just a chalk board and your math skill )

Of course, I followed the great dart players in England and heard that my favorite player
had just thrown the perfect game ( 9-Darts ) live on TV for the first time.

Lucky enough to finally get stationed on a small RAF base in East Anglia, UK.

Televised Darts was a mainstay in our house and I got to see the greats play each other live.

Along with John Lowe, some of the best at that time were Jocky Wilson and 'The Crafty Cockney'
Eric Bristow.

I enjoyed playing in leaques and tournaments till around 2004, when my nerve entrapment stopped
me.

Here's a video of the first perfect '9-dart' game ever on live TV, John Lowe, 1984.
( he pocketed 102,000 pounds for this feat )

Back in the late 70's, I got the Dart bug, joining a rookie team on a Dart leaque.

Pacticed hours and hours, learning my 'outs' (how to finish).
Along with the Dart skills needed to hit where you aim, you MUST KNOW how to do the 'math'
on the Fly. ( no machines doing the math for you, just a chalk board and your math skill )

Of course, I followed the great dart players in England and heard that my favorite player
had just thrown the perfect game ( 9-Darts ) live on TV for the first time.

Lucky enough to finally get stationed on a small RAF base in East Anglia, UK.

Televised Darts was a mainstay in our house and I got to see the greats play each other live.

Along with John Lowe, some of the best at that time were Jocky Wilson and 'The Crafty Cockney'
Eric Bristow.

I enjoyed playing in leaques and tournaments till around 2004, when my nerve entrapment stopped
me.

Here's a video of the first perfect '9-dart' game ever on live TV, John Lowe, 1984.
( he pocketed 102,000 pounds for this feat )

Incredible feat that.
In all the years I played pub darts I only ever scored 180 once. Highest peg out of 154.
I was just a mug player really.
I was watching Premier League darts last week and a player pegged out on 125 by going bull, 25, bull.

Since John Lowe's 9-dart game in 1984, there have been 32 TV 9-dart games.
Phil 'The Power' Taylor holds the record with 11.

Last league I was in, one game would be Double-In, Double-out, 301.
(The other two were SI/DO 501 and Cricket.)

My best in and out was a double 16, so I always enjoyed the 301 games.
Being a 'bottom' thrower, I usually would hit trip 19's over trip 20's.

Back