Free Stuff

Lawrence00

Where is the really good free stuff for Seniors?

It seemed to me when I was in AARP that the "AARP" discounts at vendors were not so special or even discounts reserved for seniors.

IHOP used to give me 10% off the check but I don't eat out anymore.

Looks like you can audit college classes sometimes for free, not knowing if you can get a degree for free anywhere.

If I use public transportation on the weekend the senior rate is just one dollar. During the week it is half-price for seniors. That's the only thing I can think of that gives me a good senior discount.

I just got two free months of Paramount+ when I went on their site to cancel my subscription (which would have been temporary), so I kept the service. For those looking to stream, most streaming sites offer anywhere from a free week to a free month to subscribers. I remember that Optimum Triple Play (cable, internet & landline) subscribers like my husband and me used to get 2 free movie passes every Tuesday night. That was more than a decade ago. I guess some stores still have BOGOs (buy one get one free).

Salvation Army 25% off Wednesdays. Goodwill 10% Tuesday and Wednesday. Cancer center thrift 10% Tuesday. One health food store has 10% off everyday for seniors. Have to tell them before they total your order. Another health food store had 10% off one day a week but then they wanted you to sign up for something with information so I didn't do that.

Bealls10%Tuesdays50+
Bealls Outlet10%Mondays50+
Burkes Outlet10%Mondays50+
Goodwill10%Tuesdays60+
Joann20%Monthly55+
Kohl's15%Wednesdays60+
LensCrafters10%-50%AnytimeAARP Members
Michaels10%Anytime55+
Pep Boys10%Anytime55+
RiteAid5x pointsWednesdays (monthly)65+
Ross10%Tuesdays55+
TJ Maxx10%Mondays55+ (Florida only)