Freedom 55 LOL...

WaskaleeWabbit

I'm 55 and starting a new career because the old one went the way of the cod fisherman over the past 10 years. I'm going to just try to make it for maybe 6 years and then retire, but i secretly want to be retired right NOW! Started by taking today/friday of a long weekend off work for a 4 day weekend. Feeling very stressed over the state of everything, my health, the economy, u name it !!! Surely i'm not the only one stressed out?

Hi Waskaleewabbit... no you're not the only one whose stressed out, there's millions like you during these very uncertain times ..

try not to stress over something you can't change.. and change the things you can... you'll feel much better for it, and now you're here on the forum you'll have many people to chat to, and support you...

welcomeaboard.jpg

Last edited:
I'm 55 and starting a new career because the old one went the way of the cod fisherman over the past 10 years. I'm going to just try to make it for maybe 6 years and then retire, but i secretly want to be retired right NOW! Started by taking today/friday of a long weekend off work for a 4 day weekend. Feeling very stressed over the state of everything, my health, the economy, u name it !!! Surely i'm not the only one stressed out?
Welcome aboard from South Carolina.
There is plenty to be stressed about these days, but you have found you way to the right place to vent and to see how others are dealing with it. You are certainly not alone in feeling this way.
You indicate that you are "starting a new career", does it look like it will be something that you can come to enjoy?

Back