From a Nurse on the front lines!!

Heartbreakingly...this is the same story nurses and doctors are telling here in the UK, as well.... I just don't understand why manufacturers haven't been told to ramp up production. ..what am I missing here ? :oops:

Heartbreakingly...this is the same story nurses and doctors are telling here in the UK, as well.... I just don't understand why manufacturers haven't been told to ramp up production. ..what am I missing here ? :oops:
As far as I know they have..istockphoto-459093071-1024x1024.jpg

...so where are they?...why have nurses been given one mask for a year?...why are medical staff wearing bin liners instead of protective aprons..?... WHERE is this stuff that's supposed to be that's supposedly in ramped up industrial production ? ( question not aimed at you Ken)...

OK, a heart felt message but.........@ about the 5:40 mark she states,....don't go out, don't go to the grocery stores,don't go to the drive through.....??? So then what we all die of starvation?

Social distancing is good advise, washing hands as well, but we have to eat.

No one saw this coming, & most folks just do not have/did not have the means , some in terms of space, some in terms of costs , to 'hoard' in months & months of food, perhaps medicine.

Sad it may be but.....in life we roll the dice every day, this is just another place where we must. We can only take so many precautions.

My wife has been sewing face masks since Sunday night. So far, she has made 217 and I have dropped off the first 100 at the hospital nearby. I gave up my only three flannel shirts, so she could continue sewing. She saw a video on YouTube how to make these masks and she just started sewing for 10 hours a day.

The flannel from the shirts are necessary to make the cloth part less impenetrable.

She is another typical attention-seeking idiot giving out advice that's impossible to follow & offering no solutions.
She didn't say how SHE gets food. She didn't say how to get food or supplies to friends who may be elderly or don't drive.
Is she going home to her family or is she quarantining herself & living somewhere else?
Reminds me of some other "professional" at a news conference - Dr. Barbara Ferrer (head of the public health dept or something). She was asked, "What if I have workers in my home doing repairs, remodeling or painting?" The asinine response: "Make sure your home is safe." What the hell does that mean?

Edited to add: I'm not criticizing or ridiculing anyone for posting it; just my opinion.

Last edited:
My wife has been sewing face masks since Sunday night. So far, she has made 217 and I have dropped off the first 100 at the hospital nearby. I gave up my only three flannel shirts, so she could continue sewing. She saw a video on YouTube how to make these masks and she just started sewing for 10 hours a day.

The flannel from the shirts are necessary to make the cloth part less impenetrable.
Bless you (((both)))!

Bless you (((both)))!
Thanks, Rose. My wife ran out of thread about a half hour ago and our County has now been placed on “stay at home” by the Governor, so I can deliver maybe another 200 masks to the hospital that are done, but I probably won’t be allowed to go get more thread. She also wanted me to pick up another 5 yards of cotton at the local Joann’s store.

Thanks, Rose. My wife ran out of thread about a half hour ago and our County has now been placed on “stay at home” by the Governor, so I can deliver maybe another 200 masks to the hospital that are done, but I probably won’t be allowed to go get more thread. She also wanted me to pick up another 5 yards of cotton at the local Joann’s store.
She could order fabric & thread online .. but of course, there would be a few days delivery time. My son-in-law's mother is sewing masks, and I think her quilting circle is too.

Hmmmm. I will mention that to her, but maybe wait a day. She has been at it since Sunday evening. She loves to sew and crochet. I tried that crocheting, but quickly lost interest.
Kudos to you for trying to crochet. Maybe you'd prefer knitting? My late father-in-law learned to knit when he was in the Sea Merchants. He made a beautiful multi-coloured ripple afghan. I am not a good knitter!

She is another typical attention-seeking idiot giving out advice that's impossible to follow & offering no solutions.
She didn't say how SHE gets food. She didn't say how to get food or supplies to friends who may be elderly or don't drive.
Is she going home to her family or is she quarantining herself & living somewhere else?
Reminds me of some other "professional" at a news conference. She was asked, "What if I have workers in my home doing repairs, remodeling or painting?" The asinine response: "Make sure your home is safe." What the hell does that mean?
Hey win: We saw worse in Vietnam, right? I remember being on recon one night about three miles north of the Mekong River when the nine of us were ambushed by snipers. Our blooper man (guy that shoots the bazooka) got hit by a grenade. It took his leg off at the top and shrapnel opened him up like a can of tuna. All of his innards were exposed. It was a sickening sight. We called for air support and about three minutes later, all hell broke loose. You don’t have a lot of time to take cover when you call for air support. They (2 of them) came in hot and low and laid down a small bomb of napalm and they were gone. That stuff is unbelievable.
Kudos to you for trying to crochet. Maybe you'd prefer knitting? My late father-in-law learned to knit when he was in the Sea Merchants. He made a beautiful multi-coloured ripple afghan. I am not a good knitter!
My wife really likes to knit. She has made at least a few hundred blankets and caps for the NICU at the hospital. The hospitals here have now stopped taking the blankets. She doesn’t know why, but believes it may be because of the yarn getting caught on the baby’s fingers.

Back