Get off my lawn!

jimbowho

I kid, I kid, love that Eastwood movie. 61 getting out of CA to KS as soon as it's not a nightmare. Self employed plumber still working. Can't afford medical insurance so I have dialed down my risk taking and getting serious about health, sleep, and nutrition. Was studying SS-benefits and thought maybe like minded people would be a good way to learn stuff. That's the short version. Hello people.

I kid, I kid, love that Eastwood movie. 61 getting out of CA to KS as soon as it's not a nightmare. Self employed plumber still working. Can't afford medical insurance so I have dialed down my risk taking and getting serious about health, sleep, and nutrition. Was studying SS-benefits and thought maybe like minded people would be a good way to learn stuff. That's the short version. Hello people.
welcome. you're moving to kansas? why? lol! i've been here my whole life. there's not much to see here.

Welcome! If you are contemplating moving to Kansas...or anywhere in the Midwest...when you retire, you will find that to be a Wise move. Your dollars will go twice as far here, as they would in CA. The biggest "adjustment" might be the weather. The Summers aren't much different...a bit hot and humid for several weeks, but you may have to acclimate yourself to a couple months of rather bitter cold...mostly Jan. and Feb.

Thank you for the welcomes. As for the Kansas thing, bought a nice patch of dirt with a little house on it ten years ago. My Daughter was 12 so I couldn't leave Ca yet. Plus I have family there. But I'm still a KS rooky.

Thank you for the welcomes. As for the Kansas thing, bought a nice patch of dirt with a little house on it ten years ago. My Daughter was 12 so I couldn't leave Ca yet. Plus I have family there. But I'm still a KS rooky.
Well if you need some info feel free to let me know. I'll do what I can. :) We can't have a rookie running around willy nilly. LOL

full

Back