Getting dental implants today

Mr. Ed

Life does not deserve my gratitude.
For years I've worn a lower partial and full upper dentures, However, today the oral surgeon will extract my lower teeth, 9 in all and implant three anchoring posts in my front gum-line. After my mouth heals and the posts are integrated in my lower jaw bone, snaps are secured to the posts to keep dentures in place.

Just had my lower teeth removed and three implants installed in the front of my lower jaw. The painful part was having Lanacane injected into my lower jaw, making my heart race and body rigid. I have to wait two months to allow swelling to go down around the implants. After that, I will be fitted with lower dentures to snap on implant posts.
I have no sensation in my mouth except my tongue is gathering an annoying amount of saliva I‘m trying to contain inside my mouth.

There is a possible issue with my dental insurance whether they will cover dental costs. I’m subscribed to the highest tier of dental insurance offered by my employer, however my claim was denied for unknown reasons, which means I need to resubmit the claim and/or contest original claim and request a fair hearing.

I have to eat soft foods for a few days.

Just had my lower teeth removed and three implants installed in the front of my lower jaw. The painful part was having Lanacane injected into my lower jaw, making my heart race and body rigid. I have to wait two months to allow swelling to go down around the implants. After that, I will be fitted with lower dentures to snap on implant posts.
I have no sensation in my mouth except my tongue is gathering an annoying amount of saliva I‘m trying to contain inside my mouth.

There is a possible issue with my dental insurance whether they will cover dental costs. I’m subscribed to the highest tier of dental insurance offered by my employer, however my claim was denied for unknown reasons, which means I need to resubmit the claim and/or contest original claim and request a fair hearing.

I have to eat soft foods for a few days.
What type of doctor did the work? I refuse to go to one of the corporate dental places like Clear Choice as I see them strictly as an assembly line money maker.

Same problem here with Guardian Dental insurance, their "in network" dentistry are Aspen dental and Wilsons dental all of which have poor reputation for quality and client satisfaction. I went to a private oral and maxillofacial surgeon referred by my private dentist.
I signed up for the higher tier dental plan, however, my first claim was denied for preauthorization. The second claim was submitted directly from the oral surgeon office waiting approval. I plan to appeal if not approved.

The word at work is we will be getting a new dental insurance provider next year, if true I'll enroll again to pay for lower snap-on dentures and upper implants and dentures.
Take it easy today. Heal well. It’ll be a long two months.
My body doesn't heal as fast as it used to

Back