Good moisturizer for face?

Marie5656

I am noticing that my face is becoming dry and itchy. Can anyone suggest a good, inexpensive cleanser/moisturizer? I notice it is mainly on my nose and cheeks.

My arms and legs get kind of dry as well, but I use Eucerin cream on them, and that helps. Should I invest in a humidifier?

My wife has come to the belief that taking Black Seed Oil capsules helps.
She is also using black seed oil lotion. Almost any lotion helps me, ... except those that smell too strongly.

In a few weeks, I will probably get her final assessment. LOL

But, I have been dealing with dry skin as well and may pull the humidifier out of the attic as it does seem to help us when the inside humidity drops during the winter months.

I'm not one for spreading any type of goo on my face and I don't know anything about make up and skin care but I do get dry skin in the winter.
I went to the store and bought the cheapest biggest bottle of goo I could find. I came home with Suave skin solutions., advanced therapy lotion. the bottle says it relieves severely dry skin.
I must admit it worked for me. I even massaged a little in my hair and now I don't look like I put my finger in a light socket. Kind of calmed the haystack right down.

My wife has come to the belief that taking Black Seed Oil capsules helps.
She is also using black seed oil lotion. Almost any lotion helps me, ... except those that smell too strongly.

In a few weeks, I will probably get her final assessment. LOL

But, I have been dealing with dry skin as well and may pull the humidifier out of the attic as it does seem to help us when the inside humidity drops during the winter months.
The key here is oil. Don't think applying a lotion daily on the surface does not the trick. Moisturize from within and black seed oil is one taking 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil daily is another. Hydrating mentioned previously is also a key. Ask your doctor how much water you should drink daily. I drink about a gallon.

Marie, I find this is good for lips it might also help if you used it at night on the dry skin areas on your nose and cheeks, (it’s a bit too greasy for your face during daytime)
19228C3D-5C2E-49A6-AA43-98948EBB6DDB.jpeg

I used to really like Cetaphil, it is fairly affordable. Lately I've been trying 'Warm Skin'. It is much more expensive and I'd intended to only use it when I was going outside, but so far I like it so much I've been using it as my regular moisturizer, it leaves a soft feel that isn't oily at all, and it lasts for hours.

I have tried many moisturisers, from the cheap to very expensive... and although some of the expensive ( around £150 a pot).. start off looking like they're making a difference , it doesn't stay that way... I think maybe because when it costs as much as it does, I tend to ensure I use it every day and not waste any... but the truth is, I find that Nivea out of every brand I've tried is great for your skin and can be not only used on your face but your whole body too..unlike many other brands.

IMO, the secret is to use a cheap brand like nivea in a pump dispenser.. and then remember to add some High factor lotion afterwards if you're going out. In fact in some cases you can even mix up both creams ..to give you a moisturiser with protection.

Whatever you do, Don't use Vaseline on your face. Petroleum Jelly will clog your pores...

I am noticing that my face is becoming dry and itchy. Can anyone suggest a good, inexpensive cleanser/moisturizer? I notice it is mainly on my nose and cheeks.

My arms and legs get kind of dry as well, but I use Eucerin cream on them, and that helps. Should I invest in a humidifier?
I've used Curel for both my face and hands/body in the past, it's not too expensive and the Ultra Healing type works well. I have been using a much more expensive face cream that I love the smell of from the health food store, but with Covid, I haven't gone there much.

The air is pretty dry by me, and I can see blood sometimes on my tissues if I blow my nose, so I bought a humidifier (Objecto) a couple of years ago from Costco. It's the brown thing next to the cat. I forget how much it cost, but it was less than $100, they may have it cheaper somewhere online.

dscn1842-jpg.113108

Trouble is, it messes up the sheets!
Depends how much you’re planning to use !! 😳. only a little is needed on the dry patches

Although this extract is from an information site on the benefits of Vaseline for the face

Locks in moisture​

‘Vaseline locks in any moisture on your face without adding other ingredients that might irritate your skin. A layer of Vaseline applied before you sleep can help restore your face’s natural level of moisture and softness.’

(but again, that would be a thin layer) !

Do you exfoliate? When my skin gets especially dry and flaky I gently wash my face with a rough washcloth and apply moisturizer right after, even before my skin dries. I find this helps, and I only do it as needed.’

I find a little oatmeal mixed to a paste with water makes an excellent facial exfoliator, just make sure you massage it gently as it can be slightly abrasive if rubbed too hard, rinse well with lukewarm water followed by a splash of cold, and plenty of moisturiser

Back