Got a letter from Excellus--coverage has ended!!!!

Marie5656

It came on Saturday, so I could not address it until today. Went to our local Excellus drop in help center. When it was my turn, I showed the guy the letter. He looked at it and just shook his head. OH NO, I thought.

Turns out I was the second person today who had come in with the letter. And it was only 10AM. So here is the story, back in February, when I turned 65 and my Medicare kicked in, my out of pocket payments ended. I switched to the Medicare/Excellus coverage which comes out of my SS check.

All the letter was sating, 10 months later was that my original coverage ended. I do not owe money, and I am still covered. What a heart attack.He admitted it was some sort of glitch at their end, and casually wondered out loud how many people got them.

It came on Saturday, so I could not address it until today.

That's a shame it came on the weekend, so you had to wait, and think about it over a longer time, Marie!

I'm glad it was a false alarm. There's so much paperwork that is done in similar ways to what you described, with untrue info and misleading letters sent out to people, it seems.

Back