Got my booster today!

(Pfizer) - My wife and I are setup for Wed the 29th @ local Walmart. If all goes well I'll schedule our flu shots for late November.
Got our flu shots at the same time as the boosters, thought it easiest. No appointments for that, you just have to ask.

Pfizer, I was going to wait for 8 months, but the CDC has lowered guidance to 6 months and that is me.

Got it at Walmart, fast, free (to me, think Medicare paid) and easy. They only wanted to know that I was over 65 and 6 months since the second shot.
Congratulations, glad you got it! We will when it's our time and it's available. Did they update your vaccination card to show all three vaccinations with dates? When I get my booster, I want to be sure all shots are shown on the card.

I am considering it. I want to ask the pharmacist. Did you have to go back to where you got your original shots? Did you have to make an appointment?
No, we got the first ones from the National Guard folks working with the State Health Dept. Got this one at Walmart, easy to make an appointment online, but its not necessary. Big sign said walkups welcome, no appointment necessary.

I am going to take a pass on the booster. I had COVID and have the antibodies to sustain me for awhile longer and unless there is an outbreak in my area, I will not take the booster. I got sick on the second Pfizer shot and I am in no hurry to feel that way again.

This sounds promising, but I seem to remember hearing that it was advised to wait a month between the flu shot and the booster...

Gonna have to research this
From USA Today ( https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...shots-when-get-vaccines-what-know/8365188002/ ):

Q: If a COVID booster is authorized, can I get the flu shot at the same time?

Molaka: The CDC allows us to give multiple vaccines at the same time. So you can get your flu shot. You can get your booster. You can get your first dose, second dose or additional dose with the flu shot. We are able to give them at the same time. There's no waiting period.

So far so good. At day one I have a little arm pain, but not a lot. No other noticeable effects. My wife has a bit more arm pain and feels a little weak.

No way to know if our reactions are to the Covid or Flu shots, got both at the same time in the same place. I had no reaction to the original Covid shots, but did have a greater reaction to last year's flu shot. My reaction to vaccines varies a lot. My wife's reaction to the first Covid shots were about the same as this one.
IMG_2573 (002).jpg

Just got our 3rd dose this morn
Good for you, and good that you missed the crowd.

I am on day 4, for the first 24 hours I felt little, but then on day 2 my arm started hurting and I was feeling pretty tired. The tiredness only lasted a day, but the arm hurt for 2 or 3 days, but all is ok now. Arm pain was not as bad as I have gotten from other (non-Covid) shots. As I said I got both the booster and my Flu shot at the same time, so the reaction could have been to either.

My wife, who got the same shots at the same time, had a bit more arm pain and tiredness than I did, but not too bad, and now is also fine.

Natural immunity???? My wife is allergic to wasp stings, on one of her visits to her PCP she pointed out that she should be building up an immunity to the wasps. Not so said the doctor you don't build up immunity, it just gets worse. Right now you can control it with OTC pills but many more encounters will require an epipen (sp) and could result in death. Where the heck is her immunity? You don't feed peanut butter to someone who is allergic to nuts.

Another point on another thread it was pointed out that the vaccine is not a vaccine but is altering your DNA so said a Bogus Biologist.. What? If that's the case all the labs with their DNA databases are worthless since you can change your DNA by getting the vaccine. Think of the advantage that criminals will have. No longer can your DNA be used as proof. Just get a vaccine and you now have different DNA. But, you may no longer be related to a famous person and could have a serial killer in your ancestoral line.
"Not so said the doctor you don't build up immunity, it just gets worse."

Allergy shots are regular injections over a period of time — generally around three to five years — to stop or reduce allergy attacks. Allergy shots are a form of treatment called immunotherapy. Each allergy shot contains a tiny amount of the specific substance or substances that trigger your allergic reactions. These are called allergens. Allergy shots contain just enough allergens to stimulate your immune system — but not enough to cause a full-blown allergic reaction.

Over time, your doctor increases the dose of allergens in each of your allergy shots. This helps get your body used to the allergens (desensitization). Your immune system builds up a tolerance to the allergens, causing your allergy symptoms to diminish over time.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/allergy-shots/about/pac-20392876

Pfizer, I was going to wait for 8 months, but the CDC has lowered guidance to 6 months and that is me.

Got it at Walmart, fast, free (to me, think Medicare paid) and easy. They only wanted to know that I was over 65 and 6 months since the second shot.
Thanks for info. I got my 2nd Pfizer shot in May, will check card for exact date, and then go on NMDOH vaccine page to check where i can get it.

I don't even get my second pfizer jab until the end of October.. so way too early for me to be thinking of Booster shots. ..

I have had Covid, both me and him whose name has escaped me right now.... caught it in March 2020..we were 2 of the first casualties really..so we both carried immunity for a long time.. so it wasn't until August of 2021 that I got the jab... , and it made me pretty poorly for 2 or 3 days tbh , so I'm hoping for a better outcome for the second..

Back