Green beans are in

Camper6

Green beans are in at the supermarket. I like the loose ones so I can pick the good ones.

Simple recipe. Onions, garlic, carrots, green beans and served with parmesan cheese and a dollop of sour cream.

I just steam the vegetables till tender and add a bit of chicken or beef stock to the fry pan and just warm them up.

Greenbeans.jpg

Green beans are in at the supermarket. I like the loose ones so I can pick the good ones.

Simple recipe. Onions, garlic, carrots, green beans and served with parmesan cheese and a dollop of sour cream.

I just steam the vegetables till tender and add a bit of chicken or beef stock to the fry pan and just warm them up.
We grow green beans and 'live' on them for part of the year. It's the one thing in the garden that consistently produces well under all kinds of weather conditions. We grow a 'gourmet' variety called Fortex. They're a pole bean.

We grow green beans and 'live' on them for part of the year. It's the one thing in the garden that consistently produces well under all kinds of weather conditions. We grow a 'gourmet' variety called Fortex. They're a pole bean.
Great. How do you prepare them? I forgot to add a bit of cinnamon to my recipe on the batch I just made.

Great. How do you prepare them? I forgot to add a bit of cinnamon to my recipe on the batch I just made.
We stir fry almost everything and never have any vege by itself. They'll be mixed with lots of onions, broccoli, corn, red pepper, and possibly zuchinni. Seasonings vary --- sometimes Chinese style with soy/worcesterchire/fish sauce or just sesame oil or some other set of seasonings with a tomato base. Just depends what we're in the mood for....

We stir fry almost everything and never have any vege by itself. They'll be mixed with lots of onions, broccoli, corn, red pepper, and possibly zuchinni. Seasonings vary --- sometimes Chinese style with soy/worcesterchire/fish sauce or just sesame oil or some other set of seasonings with a tomato base. Just depends what we're in the mood for....
Sounds good.

Sesame oil and soy sauce are great ways to wake up many ho-hum vegetables, I like to use it on cooked cabbage shreds.

View attachment 78270
Camper, your recipe reminds me of Lebanese Lubia, or Lubya in that there is a side of yogurt (you use sour cream) a small amount of cinnamon, onions and garlic.

They're stewed with tomatoes, onions and garlic, but no carrots Sometimes served over rice; Lubia is delicious!

https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1141436

Many of you mentioned soy sauce. I used to like La Choy but for some reason Kroger does not carry it anymore, so I ordered Kimlan Soy Sauce. It was highly rated at Amazon but I don't really care for it. What brands do you guys use?

Back