Greetings!

Old_Dame

I’m very grateful for this wonderful opportunity to introduce myself, as well as greet all of you. Sometime this weekend, I’ll spare a few moments and complete my profile.

So, to begin; I’m a mellowing sixty-six year old dame riding the last wave of our impaired SS system in the golden state of Central California!

Seriously, I never imagined living long enough to qualify for Medical, and so I’m slowly adjusting to the solemn realization of actually being a senior citizen.

This change of life stage feels less hectic and hurried than my youth, yet, in many respects its proven quite challenging, and emotionally complex when it comes to managing aloneness when alone teetering towards seventy.

This is a first time experience for me, as I deal with life without parents, siblings, or children. The feeling is quite daunting and a bit surreal.

I don’t have any pets, yet. I’m thinking of acquiring an aquarium and filling it with fancy plump and colorful goldfish.

Now that I’ve discovered this delightful forum, I look forward towards exploring, and perhaps even posting once in awhile. I’ve already found tremendous solace and enjoyment in many of the discussions I’ve read.

Again, thank you, and warm greetings to all!

D.

Welcome101a.jpg

At 66, I wouldn't call you an "Old Dame"! In any case, welcome to the forum. Lots of great people here that can help you overcome any loneliness you may be feeling. And get some pets!

howdy_from_dallas.jpeg

I’m very grateful for this wonderful opportunity to introduce myself, as well as greet all of you. Sometime this weekend, I’ll spare a few moments and complete my profile.

So, to begin; I’m a mellowing sixty-six year old dame riding the last wave of our impaired SS system in the golden state of Central California!

Seriously, I never imagined living long enough to qualify for Medical, and so I’m slowly adjusting to the solemn realization of actually being a senior citizen.

This change of life stage feels less hectic and hurried than my youth, yet, in many respects its proven quite challenging, and emotionally complex when it comes to managing aloneness when alone teetering towards seventy.

This is a first time experience for me, as I deal with life without parents, siblings, or children. The feeling is quite daunting and a bit surreal.

I don’t have any pets, yet. I’m thinking of acquiring an aquarium and filling it with fancy plump and colorful goldfish.

Now that I’ve discovered this delightful forum, I look forward towards exploring, and perhaps even posting once in awhile. I’ve already found tremendous solace and enjoyment in many of the discussions I’ve read.

Again, thank you, and warm greetings to all!

D.

Salutations and Greetings II!

To all who gather to this lively forum, and especially to the individual souls who’ve made friendly gestures to reach out and send me warm notes of welcome and cheer, thank you!

I’ve enjoyed reading all your kind sentiments and viewing all your personal signatures and lovely photos. Everything received is deeply appreciated for each is uniquely and artfully personalized and beautifully telling.

Many of your comments and pictures make me smile, and some make me chuckle with glee. I love the group-photo filled with smiling faces, and the fact that so many members live in other countries. It’s unexpected, and deeply welcomed to be present here and among such rich diversity of minds from all over the country and worldwide.

Again, many thanks for your warm welcome, and goodnight, good morning, good afternoon, aloha to all!

Back