Greyhound Bus Lines

Greyhound, with the exception of a single bus route between Vancouver and Seattle, cut service in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba in 2018.

A serious blow to those who once relied on the bus service for travel, appointments, etc.

I used to catch the Greyhound to and from work when my regular $5.00/week ride was not available.

It was like a milk run that stopped all along the route home to pick up and let off passengers. It was only a 20-mile trip but it seemed to take forever. In the winter I remember the heat combined with diesel fumes and the smell of roses bound for local florists making me nauseous.

Those days were a good start for me although it didn't seem that way at the time.

Leave it to Harry Chapin to nail down the Greyhound experience. :) Anyone who has taken it cross country can relate.
Gaer... I'll not disclose what happened in the back of the bus on more than a few trips I took. (hint... xxx rated). 😲

I loved to ride the Greyhounds. My dad and I would take the bus down to Philadelphia to watch the Phillies play. My dad didn't like driving in big cities, plus the bus went right past old Connie Mack Stadium.

Back