Happy Labor Day from a newbie....

squirrelwhisperer

Hi! Everyone,

Glad to be here. I retired one year ago from my paying job, and loving it. Although I miss my clients.
I was a CNA and worked my whole life with seniors. I hope to get someone like me when I (hopefully not to soon) need help.
I haven't retired from my favorite volunteer jobs..... wildlife rehabilitation. I still take care of injured and orphaned wildlife, until
they can be re-released into the wild. I am licensed by my state to do so.
I have been also volunteering delivering meals to seniors since the pandemic started, I do that with CERT ( community Emergency Response Team).
I have been a member of that since 2010.

My husband retired the end of December 2019. He is bored. I keep telling him..... retirement is what you make it.

Hi Squirrelwhisperer,welcome glad you found us
You'll meet wonderful group of people here at SF from around the world.It was one of the reasons I joined
I love being retired,don't know where the last 9 yrs have gone,staying busy is #1 in my book
Enjoy yourself here
Sue in Buffalo,NY

Hi.. thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

Classic Rockr lucky you with snow. I love snow. Winter is my favorite season. But winters where I live aren't the same anymore. We get mostly rain and sleet now in Southern CT.

Hi from London. ..I've been retired for 2 years....I love animals and have rescued many, as well as re-homed many rescues, thank you for all the work you do

welcome-red-carpet.jpg

1.gif
Welcome. I'm hoping that this will be a mild winter. Haven't checked with the old Farmers' Almanac yet to get their prediction.

Welcome from Oregon. Do you know anything about flying squirrels? I didn't know we had any around here until I found an injured one. I was afraid the cat might get it, so I put it in a place where the cat would not see it. It got better on it's own.

Yes, retirement is what we make of it. Hubby needs to find something he really likes to do and start doing it.

Thank you everyone, glad to be here.
HollyDolly- England is on my bucket list to visit.
Ceege- cold and very flaky for Michigan this upcoming winter.
Phoenix- yes I know about flying squirrels, Northern and Southern.
Glad to meet you Dobielvr and Popsn tuff

Back