Has anyone experienced a $185-242 copay for a Shingrix shot?? That is what I have been quoted.

Today is day 4 and I still have redness and pain on the arm where I got the Shingrix shot. Wonder how much longer til it's back to normal.

If you are concerned about getting Shingles, I would recommend getting the shot....no matter how much it costs.

I had shingles many years ago....when I was in my mid 40's. I started feeling some pain around the noon hour, and it was worse by the minute. I took off work early, and started home, but as I neared home, I could barely pay attention to my driving. I went directly to the hospital, and they thought I was having a heart attack. While they were running various tests, I started having a rash on my chest, which gave the doctors the diagnosis. They gave me a shot....I don't remember what....and after a few hours, my wife was finally allowed to take me home. I spent several days at home, nursing this painful rash before I was able to go back to work.

At that time, they didn't have the vaccine available today, but the doctors said that if I didn't have a recurrence in 2 to 5 years, I should be OK. Since this occurred so long ago, and I haven't had any more symptoms, I figure I should be ok.

I'm not a big fan of shots/vaccines.....the Only time I've had the flu, in recent years, was after getting a flu shot. I did get the Covid shots...primarily because we like to get out of the house, and mingle with the family, etc.

Back