Has Anyone Tried "Beyond Meat " Yet?

fmdog44

It is not yet available where I live but will be soon. It's stock price roard lately. I have yet to hear anything bad about it.

https://www.beyondmeat.com/
Marble-Tender-Marquee-Packaging.png

I have seen it at the grocery store, but have not tried it yet. Will be interested in hearing what people think. I am a meat eater who does not mind eating less of it.

I haven't tried it but would like to. I think a person has to acquire a taste for plant based "meat". I have and like many other brands like Morningstar Farm and Boca; love their fake chicken patties and fake burgers. Well they are fake meat but not fake in protein. Many of them have plenty of protein.

[h=2]Ingredients[/h] Water, Pea Protein Isolate*, Expeller-Pressed Canola Oil, Refined Coconut Oil, Rice Protein, Natural Flavors, Cocoa Butter, Mung Bean Protein, Methylcellulose, Potato Starch, Apple Extract, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Vinegar, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Sunflower Lecithin, Pomegranate Fruit Powder, Beet Juice Extract (for color)

*Peas are legumes. People with severe allergies to legumes like peanuts should be cautious when introducing pea protein into their diet because of the possibility of a pea allergy. Our products do not contain peanuts or tree nuts.”

It better not be as pricey as beef!

• Serving Size: 1 Patty, US Retail 4 oz (113g)
  • Servings Per Container: 2
  • Amount per serving
  • Calories from fat 160Calories 250
  • % Daily Value
  • 28%Total Fat 18g
  • 30%Saturated Fat 6g
  • Trans Fat 0g
  • 0%Cholesterol 0mg
  • 16%Sodium 390mg
  • 6%Potassium 300mg
  • 1%Total Carbohydrate 3g
  • 8% Dietary Fiber 2g
  • Sugars 0g
  • 40%Protein 20g
  • 0%Vitamin A
  • 0%Vitamin C
  • 8%Calcium
  • 25%Iron

Depending on price, I'll give it a try.

A 3 to 4 ounce hamburger patty contains between 220 and 307 calories, 23 and 31 grams of protein, 15 and 20 grams of fat and no carbohydrates at all. The nutrition facts of your patty can change if ingredients are added to the ground meat, such as fillers, high-fructose corn syrup, vegetables or seasonings.

Compare this data to RR's data on the Beyond Meat patty and now I wonder what the health vantage is over 85% lean beef!!

Ingredients

Water, Pea Protein Isolate*, Expeller-Pressed Canola Oil, Refined Coconut Oil, Rice Protein, Natural Flavors, Cocoa Butter, Mung Bean Protein, Methylcellulose, Potato Starch, Apple Extract, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Vinegar, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Sunflower Lecithin, Pomegranate Fruit Powder, Beet Juice Extract (for color)

*Peas are legumes. People with severe allergies to legumes like peanuts should be cautious when introducing pea protein into their diet because of the possibility of a pea allergy. Our products do not contain peanuts or tree nuts.”

It better not be as pricey as beef!

• Serving Size: 1 Patty, US Retail 4 oz (113g)
  • Servings Per Container: 2
  • Amount per serving
  • Calories from fat 160Calories 250
  • % Daily Value
  • 28%Total Fat 18g
  • 30%Saturated Fat 6g
  • Trans Fat 0g
  • 0%Cholesterol 0mg
  • 16%Sodium 390mg
  • 6%Potassium 300mg
  • 1%Total Carbohydrate 3g
  • 8% Dietary Fiber 2g
  • Sugars 0g
  • 40%Protein 20g
  • 0%Vitamin A
  • 0%Vitamin C
  • 8%Calcium
  • 25%Iron

Depending on price, I'll give it a try.

I'm a little shocked at those numbers. I thought it would be healthier than that.

We saw a lot of these type products come and go when we were in the business...this one has a really "healthy" IPO record - best IPO this year.
We were in the food formulation business for years and these kind of "meatless" meat type products usually revolve around a couple things : Goldman Sachs (investors) and a trendy "green-clean" vegan protein base they can dump in lots of different products for the hopefully mass up and coming meatless market. Its about what animal product its "not" made of.

This one is about yellow pea protein. Just received a sample of a drink from Amazon with it in it. You'll see a lot more things but the current issue is the lack of suppliers of yellow peas...lol.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/b...w-about-the-plant-based-meat-maker-2018-11-23

Many years ago I made meat. I found a recipe somewhere that explained how to turn a 5 pound bag of flour into a meat like product. I don't remember exactly what you mixed into the flour but I do remember the whole process was very time consuming.

The last step was to put the dough in a large clean bucket of water and start kneading. Changing the water several times and repeating the process. The end result was a big rubbery glob of pure gluten. I think out of 5 pounds of flour I got less than a pound.

It did cut like meat and had the consistency of meat. I remember frying slices and putting a sauce and cheese on top and you really couldn't tell the difference.

Way to much trouble and today eating it would probably put me in the hospital but back then it was a just something I had to try.

I'm a vegetarian. I frequently eat Beyond and Impossible burgers. They're excellent. Beyond also makes brats and they're very good too. There are some great meat substitutes on the market today.

Beyond Meat and Impossible burgers are delicious. As Jalou said above, Beyond's brats are also excellent.

So far these products are pricey and certainly not health foods, but they're a nice occasional burger-type option for people who don't eat meat. I personally eat one of these every six weeks or so, if that.

A McDonald's 1/4 pound beef patty has similar numbers to the Beyond nutritional facts that Rose posted above.
McD comes in at 225 calories, 17 G fat (69% of calories) including 7 G saturated fat.

As is often true, the dose makes the poison: people who eat beef burgers and pork brats tend to do so far more frequently than vegetarians/vegans will indulge in the Beyond/Impossible type substitutes.

Last edited:
Could this be the beginning of Soylent Green? Reseachers predict that by 2050 or sooner our food system will not be able to feed the 9 billion population on earth, some studies suggest it could happen in ten years. (according to information published) Soylent Green was said to be a product from soybeans, but was secretly processes from humans bodies. ( This was a science fiction movie.) TODAY Steak that was $7 a pound in recent years is now around 15 -$17 a pound, Hope that Beyond Meat is cheap. *Soylent Green is still on YouTube.

Norman: Raising, slaughtering and butchering of animals, plus the cold transport and selling of meat is only going to get more expensive.

The ugly facts of the meat industry are far scarier than fiction.

Norman: Raising, slaughtering and butchering of animals, plus the cold transport and selling of meat is only going to get more expensive.

The ugly facts of the meat industry are far scarier than fiction.
I agree, makes $6 pound of hamburger sounds cheap, I was raised on a farm and .we killed our own cows and pigs smoked our own hams. Poor ole porky and Betsy paid the price,

Back