Has anyone tried this?

Love Yorkshire Pudding. The ingredients are simple, the effort is expended in heating the oil & juices & pans for the puddings to be cooked in. My British friend has very deep muffin pans to cook hers in. Yummy.

I’d appreciate that recipe, Camper.
Here we go. It's for popovers which are basically the same as Yorkshire but they don't sink in the middle. They are more like a bun. But the same texture.

The secret of these is to start with a cold oven and not to peek for the entire baking time.

This makes 6.
2 eggs , 1 cup milk, 1 cup flour, 1/4 tsp salt

Break eggs in a bowl.
Add milk, flour and salt.
Mix well with a spoon, disregarding lumps.
Fill greased popover pans or muffin tins 3/4 full
Put into oven.
Set control to 450 and turn on heat
Bake 30 minutes.

I couldn't post the link but all the comments are really positive. They rise up beautifully.

The recipe is designed for deep muffin cups so there is a bit of batter left over on the regular muffin cups. So just get another one ready.

Last edited:
Thanks, Camper.

I’ve copied this to my recipe files & am anxious to try it. It‘s just what I need to accompany one of those prepared roast of beef. I already have the horseradish so I’m ready to go.

We have some packaged as Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire puddings- already cooked, but need heating for about 6 minutes?. Other brands exist. My grandma used to make them from scratch to add to the Sunday roast (usually beef). Similar to your recipe @Camper6 but tins would have a little beef fat in them and would be heated and then mixture put in the tins and placed in oven. 'Toad in the hole' was another favourite (Sausages in Yorkshire Pudding) as per @Aunt Bea picture. 🤤🤤

They aren’t stuffed with anything. Often they are hollow-ish inside. They taste a bit similar to a doughy pancake( not sweet ) but are baked in muffin tins and are somewhat crispy on the bottom and sides.
Hmm...interesting. If an opportunity ever shows up to try them I will.

Mouth watering. Now I'm craving for some nice roast beef and horseradish.

I haven't had that for ages. My inlaws were British immigrants and used to make that all the time.
I cheated on the roast beef, it was one of those prepackaged ones. President’s Choice Creamy horseradish, which is my favourite. Sorry, it’s only available in Canada.

I cheated on the roast beef, it was one of those prepackaged ones. President’s Choice Creamy horseradish, which is my favourite. Sorry, it’s only available in Canada.
I will look it up. I shop at Shoppers Drug Mart which has President's choice stuff now.
Their coffee is the best in the world and always on sale if you wait long enough.

Back