Have You Been Going Through Any Big Changes Lately?

Ruthanne

SF VIP
I have been for the past 2 years with a shocking to me diagnosis. Can't say just how difficult it's been. I think I've finally come to a place of Acceptance and going on from there. Things take a lot of time to adjust to I see. Reminds me of the song "I never promised you a rose garden". But I see that life goes on and to take small steps and adjust as you can.

Anyone else gone through big changes?

I was diagnosed with Cirrhosis of the liver caused by non alcoholic fatty liver disease 2 years ago.
That's quite rare Ruthanne for a non alcoholic fatty liver to lead to cirrhosis, which is life threatening and very dangerous ... I'm sorry you got this diagnosis, :( how have they been treating you these last 2 years?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that sugar turns to alcohol in the liver. I just looked that up and found this, "Too much refined sugar and high-fructose corn syrup causes a fatty buildup that can lead to liver disease. Some studies show that sugar can be as damaging to the liver as alcohol, even if you're not overweight."

I'm sorry to hear this Ruthanne🌹 Keep us updated. Do what your doctor says.

I'm pretty sure that sugar turns to alcohol in the liver. I just looked that up and found this, "Too much refined sugar and high-fructose corn syrup causes a fatty buildup that can lead to liver disease. Some studies show that sugar can be as damaging to the liver as alcohol, even if you're not overweight."

I'm sorry to hear this Ruthanne🌹 Keep us updated. Do what your doctor says.

OR it can just be the luck of the draw.

I received multiple myeloma diagnosis in February. Have been doing chemo since then and continue into first quarter next year. All going well and I'm back to full workouts. This caused me to limit travel this year, but next year, back to it...............
Oh I'm so sorry this has happened to you, but what a great spirit you have. I wish you everything you wish for yourself!!

It looks like I'm going to get a fair amount of "bachelor" time in coming weeks. An old lady "friend" of ours has come down with some serious health problems, and needs someone to give full time care, at her home, a few miles away. My wife has volunteered to stay with her for 3 days a week, while her kids are working and figuring out how to handle the situation. So, I'm going to have some time all to myself for a few weeks, and I may even learn to cook a bit.

I have noticed that older people have a disease with very little "known cause". I think it is simply that we age. Young people with liver disease may have drunk their way to becoming ill, but as we get older one part or another simply wears out.

"Liver Rescue" by Anthony Williams says you can repair the liver from any ailment and gives a whole book of recommendations, remedies, and recipes. Ask your doctor what he thinks first and do what he says if you trust him.

I read in Dr, Fuhrman's book, "Eat To Live" in 2011. I didn't have a liver problem but had a DVT that entered both of my lungs. I spent a week in the ER. But back to the liver...I read in that book that you can repair the Liver by eating his green soup which I did and still do. I also juice greens, ginger, turmeric, etc. I just recently got the results of my complete blood panel and the doctor said my liver, kidney, and blood sugar are "Great!"...her words.

Back