Have you ever been Hypnotized ?

Sassycakes

SF VIP
I was hypnotized many years ago and I found it amazing. In less then a minute I had no idea what was going on. Even a friend of my husbands knew how to hypnotize people. He couldn't hypnotize my husband but he didn't have a problem hypnotizing me. Have you ever been hypnotized or would you ever want to try it.

Have you ever been hypnotized or would you ever want to try it.

No and no. I am paranoid about losing control of myself or have others control me. They say you will not do under hypnotism what you would not do "awake'', but I still would not take any chances. On the other hand, I don't think I could be hypnotized, I can't concentrate well, my mind is analyzing everything that is happening to me and around me. I think you would have to be a very trusting person, which I am not. What did you do while ''under", can you tell? My daughter told me that a stage hypnotist made her cluck like a chicken, she was told by her boyfriend.

Movies, nightclubs, tv daytime talk shows have had people hypnotized do peculiar behaviors. TV is more gentle than nightclub shows
where they have people 'cluck like a chicken' and do other foolish things.
It is my understanding, the hypnotized person will do only activities that they would do in their normal life.
Having a hypnotized person become an assassin as in a recent movie is rubbish.

I do know weight and cigarette aversion works on some, not others.

However, there is something in my nature that would like to see a person cluck like a chicken!

In graduate school I had one course (computer programming at the 1 and 0 level) that I simply hated. It was mandatory so I went to a group hypnosis class to see if I could change my attitude. I did manage to salvage a passing grade, but I doubt that I was ever fully hypnotized.
But we had one fellow in the class who was trying to quite smoking. He did go completely under and was told that from now on all cigarettes would taste like broccoli which he hated. At the next class, he was asked how he was doing with the smoking. He said that he still smoked, but had found that he now loved broccoli.
A woman in the class was trying to get rid of pain associated with a tooth that had been pulled many months earlier. As I recall, she had some success with reducing the pain.

Have you ever been Hypnotized?

Been put to sleep many times by dry conversation, but never hypnotized....probably

Doubt I ever will

Hard enough to remain aware

Shiny things do attract me, however
I TRY not to fall asleep when listening to my sister-in-law natter on about things that I have absolutely no interest in...Like her love life, her aches and pains, her problems with her husband....Who, fortunately for him is losing his hearing.....But it's a losing cause. I discovered I can fall asleep with my eyes open....And/or standing when she is around....Quite a talent...

I once heard a story about a bloke who was hypnotised (don't know how true it was), anyway, the hypnotist told the bloke, "When I snap my fingers, you will be making love to Sophia Loren."

The hypnotist snapped his fingers and the bloke developed a great big grin and began moving about in a strange way.

Then the hypnotist said, "When I snap my fingers again, you will wake up and remember nothing."

The hypnotist snapped his fingers but the bloke remained in a state of ecstacy.

He snapped his fingers again and again, and soon realised that his fingers had broken in panic.

The outcome wasn't a complete disaster however, because the bloke is no longer a miserable sod and he is 50 pounds lighter

Last edited:
No and no. I am paranoid about losing control of myself or have others control me. They say you will not do under hypnotism what you would not do "awake'', but I still would not take any chances. On the other hand, I don't think I could be hypnotized, I can't concentrate well, my mind is analyzing everything that is happening to me and around me. I think you would have to be a very trusting person, which I am not. What did you do while ''under", can you tell? My daughter told me that a stage hypnotist made her cluck like a chicken, she was told by her boyfriend.

When my husbands friend hypnotized me he said that his friend told me to laugh and I did and then told me to fall asleep and I did. The only other time I was hypnotized was by a physcolagist that I was seeing for a
Phyopia I was having after an accident,like driving in a car.

I hope you can't do anything you wouldn't do under hypnosis that you wouldn't do when you were awake.Years later I found out that the physcolagist I had seen was arrested for having sex with woman he had hypnotized.

Yes I have but not without my consent. The information about the fact that a person HAS to personal give consent first before being able to be hypnotized is absolutely false.

It is very interesting from a neutral observational standpoint but there are many unexplainable things that hypnosis can uncover.

When my husbands friend hypnotized me he said that his friend told me to laugh and I did and then told me to fall asleep and I did. The only other time I was hypnotized was by a physcolagist that I was seeing for a
Phyopia I was having after an accident,like driving in a car.

I hope you can't do anything you wouldn't do under hypnosis that you wouldn't do when you were awake.Years later I found out that the physcolagist I had seen was arrested for having sex with woman he had hypnotized.
No surprise there.

Two fellas drinking in a club where a hypnotist was telling folk he could make people behave like dogs. They agreed that it was all a load of rubbish, drank up their beer and left, only to be arrested later for cocking their legs up against lamp-posts and trees and peeing on them. :LOL:

I'm a big fan of ''Columbo''. In one episode this psychologist was having an affair with a patient and ended up killing her husband and wanted to eliminate her as a witness (since Columbo had started harassing her). He hypnotized her and told her when he phoned her that she would want to take a swim (she loved swimming). He called her and she took off her clothes and jumped into the pool, from upstairs, and died. Columbo noticed that people who want to commit suicide don't take off their clothes and fold them neatly before they jump. I forgot how he nailed the psychologist. Since she did love swimming, she was doing something she would do willingly (although not from a high place). George Hamilton in "A deadly state of mind".

Last edited:

Back