Caring so deeply, you both know each other’s faults so well
…and see thru them

Loving to be together

Easy with being apart
But glad when you return

Knowing you love each other when yer both mad
Making up

Laughing together…. at life

Enjoying going places together…even if it’s just getting the oil changed on yer car

Sitting across from each other in a café booth
Enjoying the view

Thinking of them out of the blue, striking you to the core how so very much you adore that person
Dropping everything, going in, pulling her away from her dishes… and telling her

Holding each other close
Sending a rush of memories….fifty years ago

Not to cut you short but .... read my reply to Olivia as it is basically the same too you.

What you suggest/propose, is IMO idyllic and again causes me to think it oh so rare.

What you suggest/propose, is IMO idyllic and again causes me to think it oh so rare
It may very well be
Don't know
Most our friends are couples that seem to have it really together in the love dept
Then again, we don't care to have all that many friends

But, it happens

Worth seeking

Not forcing, but cognizant when it happens

A prize of immeasurable value

Not as rare as RGP might think. Probably not as common as Gary might hope. There are plenty of very loving, supportive, long-term marriages out there though. I'm blessed to be in one as are several of my friends.

I don’t think that’s a fair statement, @win231 You’re talking about empathy, (walking in someone else’s shoes, feeling what they feel) and though I’m a highly empathetic person, there are plenty of decisions people make/actions they take that I simply cannot fathom, in spite of my empathetic nature.

Mass shootings are a good example of that. There is no way I will ever understand the mindset that compels a shooter to that, no matter how empathetic I am.

I don’t understand why Anthony Bourdain committed suicide as another example, other than the intellectual knowledge that depressed people sometimes do. But the specifics of his life give me few insight about why he was depressed ..he seemed to have everything goin for him.
Absolutely right Ronni.
I believe that when people feel these feelings of wanting to commit suicide, their minds are somewhat fractured and not working correctly.

Unless a person can experience that same fractured mentality, and have an insight into the things they perceive as problems, they can’t possibly put themselves in their shoes.

I think it’s a REALLY good thing that most people can’t relate to the master minds of mass shooters.

Perhaps the closest thing the average person can get to is if they have experienced suicidal thoughts but like everything else, individual perception is as unique as each snowflake.

I think Ronni has incredible empathy for mankind.

Doubt I'll ever entertain suicidal thoughts.
Even if I lost my lady.

I'd just be, oh what's the word......ah, yes....empty...I'd be empty

Hopefully only for a bit? Again, basing our existence , our being on someone else's very existence/being, is IMO a bad thing. Lick yer wounds and go on with yer own life no ?

If [we] have it in us to have these feelings of [love] for one person? We have it in [us] to have the same feelings for another no ? Now, finding another that is worthy of those feelings, is a whole nother thing altogether......

Hopefully only for a bit? Again, basing our existence , our being on someone else's very existence/being, is IMO a bad thing. Lick yer wounds and go on with yer own life no ?

If [we] have it in us to have these feelings of [love] for one person? We have it in [us] to have the same feelings for another no ? Now, finding another that is worthy of those feelings, is a whole nother thing altogether......
Good words

Yeah, I can't be down for long
It's just not in me

I'd never press for another mate
Or rush into things
But, if it happened, I'd surely not deny myself

No one here is an existentialist then?
I had to look up the meaning.

Existentialists believe life is intrinsically meaningless and an individual must work to bring meaning or purpose into their lives.

Well I’m certainly not. In the stillness within myself I find meaning beyond my own self importance therefore cannot possibly believe life is intrinsically meaningless.

I believe life has far more meaning than humanity with ever realize in our physical existence however I also believe that humans thrive once they discover their own purpose for life and it’s all uniquely as individual as we are.

Not as rare as RGP might think. Probably not as common as Gary might hope. There are plenty of very loving, supportive, long-term marriages out there though. I'm blessed to be in one as are several of my friends.
I agree. There most definitely are people who love and love deeply. These people are loyal and devoted to their loved one and would die for them. It’s beyond chivalry. I’m also blessed for the ability to love deeply and be loved deeply. It’s, by far, life’s greatest gifts and joys.

(spoiler alert if you plan to watch "Patch Adams" movie)
Robin Williams, who committed suicide in real life , starred in a movie called "Patch Adams". It was a true story of the real Hunter Patch Adams. Patch is suicidal and admits himself to a mental institution. Once there, he finds that using humor, rather than doctor-centered psychotherapy, better helps his fellow patients and provides him with a new purpose in life...to open a free hospital that uses humor as a part of the healing therapy.

In medical school and in the new unconventional clinic Patch starts, his friendship with Carin turns to romance, but she struggles with having been molested as a child. Patch encourages her to continue helping others. She takes on a patient who then murders Carin and he commits suicide. Patch is guilt-ridden. But something beautiful happens in the story that revive's Patch's spirit and moves ahead with his unconventional hospital endeavor...Gesundheit! Institute in her memory.

Patch Adams believes you must heal the spirit as well as the body and finally wins approval to continue on despite those who tried to shut him down.

I know there are many actors who throw themselves into a dark roll and never get out despite on-going therapy. Makes me wonder.

I had to look up the meaning.

Existentialists believe life is intrinsically meaningless and an individual must work to bring meaning or purpose into their lives.

I was just about to google it myself but then I saw your post, so now I don't have to!

So thanks! :)

Let's see. I can go along with the first part about life being meaningless, but I don't like the part about having to work.:mad:

Can't we just chill out and do fun stuff instead?

Last edited:
I was just about to google it myself but then I saw your post, so now I don't have to!

So thanks! :)

Let's see. I can go along with the first part about life being meaningless, but I don't like the part about having to work.:mad:

Can't we just chill out and do fun stuff instead?
You’re most welcome 😁

Since we all have ‘freedom of choice’ you don’t have to work. You might be homeless and living on the street but ‘hey’ it could be fun. 🤪

My daughter hung herself. She suffered from bi-polar disorder for ten years. That's about the maximum these sufferers make it with her bi-polar type. She was an intelligent girl who had herself under the care of doctors and psychiatrists and psychologists but they couldn't save her. It was very difficult for her because she'd be doing fine then everything became too loud, too bright, too much that she would just shut down for months. Holding down a steady job was impossible. When the mental disorder began to affect her body, causing physical pain on top of the mental anguish, I think that's when she decided she had had enough. Most everyone she knew, but of course our family, had no idea she suffered from a mental disorder. Please be kind to others, you really never know what they are going through. Thank you.
Oh Judycat I'm so sorry that your daughter died in such a tragic way for her and all of you as a family !! :( My mother took her own life when I was a teenager , and my daughter's step brother hung himself just a few years ago , so I know what it feels like... the pain is worse than any physical pain!!

Existentialists feel that the world is essentially hostile and trying is futile so why bother with anything because we all just die anyway. (You can tell I'm having a rough year, right?)

Doubt I'll ever entertain suicidal thoughts.
Even if I lost my lady.

I'd just be, oh what's the word......ah, yes....empty...I'd be empty
Gary, with respect you never know until confronted by actual fact. As I held the love of my lifes hand why she was dying I had begun to dwell upon what I would do without her. It has been horrible and yes I have considered suicide. The jury is still out with what becomes of me. Being alone, disabled I am tested daily. I pray for strength every day.

Gary, with respect you never know until confronted by actual fact. As I held the love of my lifes hand why she was dying I had begun to dwell upon what I would do without her. It has been horrible and yes I have considered suicide. The jury is still out with what becomes of me. Being alone, disabled I am tested daily. I pray for strength every day.
So true! It's almost amusing how some people are eager to say what they would do - in a situation they've never been in.

I hear you, Sir Jim

One never truly knows 'til it happens

Gotta be a daily thing...yessir

I follow yer thoughts, posts, with great interest

Suicide? Not for me... I want to stick around and see what the "H-E-Double hockey sticks" happens next.

Anybody besides me like Dorothy Parker?
Razors pain you,
Rivers are damp,
Acids stain you,
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren't lawful,
Nooses give,
Gas smells awful.
You might as well live.”

Back