Have You Ever Ordered A Fake Meat Burger?

I've found a lot of the non-meat burgers to be pretty good. Veggie burgers aren't actually meant to taste like beef, which is why they don't. Their flavors are usually much more layered and interesting.

Impossible burgers I found to be meh. Taste and texture is a lot like beef, but since I don't miss beef it was no big thrill. Same with Beyond Meat burgers. (The Beyond Brats are pretty good though.)

I enjoy a veggie burger when it is home made by me, and I know what is in it. I have tried some of the frozen vegan meat patties and the only one I really liked was the black bean burger from Aldi’s.
When I first saw this thread, I thought it was about the “fake meat” that is being produced in factories, and made from actual meat sources. To say it is cloned meat would be one way of putting it, except that instead of cloning the whole animal (like that cloned sheep), this is just cloned meat cells.
I don’t think that I would want that at all, and it is a totally artificial and processed food (if you can really call it a food ?) , but I can see this becoming the meat of the future, since it doesn’t need pastures or livestock feed to grow it.
It is definitely NOT vegan or plant-based in any way !

i have never had a McDonalds, Burger King or Wendy’s burger. I do love the french fries. I make my own turkey burgers n hamburgers.

yes lee, only last week, from KFC , it was called a veggie burger......and it was rock hard...never again ...yuk, yuk ...😤

I've just literally had a veggie burger a few minutes ago ( 77% soya and wheat) with added mushroom, spices etc..

Hubs is a veggie, and so he cooked 2 vivera burgers , and some veggies, and left me one to try...he really wants me to stop eating meat and I'm fighting him all the way on that cuz I like meat and fish and i've not thus far found any of his veggie things ( soya or Tofu) I enjoy , but this was good... and I'd have it again,..

I tried one, not really impressed. Tim Hortons here in Canada experimented with the Beyond Meat Veggie Burgers but has now pulled it from the menu due to lack of sales.

Probably all the ingredients they put in to fake the meat taste are more harmful than eating the real meat burger.
I've actually had some veggie burgers and they're not bad. One I had with rice and cheese was pretty good but, it's tough to go cold turkey without hamburger.

When our McDonalds first opened I took my daughter, the hamburger meat was gray!!! I threw it in the trash n never looked back, I can still see they gray meat🤢
I have eaten there a lot over the yrs. never been served a gray burger. It may have been old.

Back