Have You Gotten Your Social Security Statement For 2024?

I keep planning to move all of my accounts, user names, passwords, etc. to the little notebook I bought for this 3 years ago, but nope. So I went through my little papers for my SSA account info, tried to log in, and nope! "Sorry. Try again stupid, our site is not up at night." Oh well! :ROFLMAO:

Yup

Got an email 1st of Dec
(have yet to get a letter via snail mail)

3.2% increase
starting Jan 2024

Appears that increase will get eaten up with the increases in utilities and such (of which the COLA is intended)
When I first found out what the increase was, I figured out pretty close to the dollar how much of an increase I'd get. I start planning my income and expenditures three months in advance. Turns out my net will be a dollar more than I had projected.

I don't understand SS statements. I've been checking the web site since my late husband's benefit has been "settled" and I have printed the verification letter from them to use for certain utility reductions. However, I've gotten snail mail from them also and the benefit amount is different then what the web says. I don't actually know how much my real benefit will be.

Not only do they take away my SS I was getting but Medicare will go up again along with the house payment in January...AAARRRGGGHHH!

Ok, I got logged in and got my statement, verification letter, etc.

Lightbulb went on here: I'm not taking Social Security yet, so while the info is nice to have I can't see any increase because there isn't one (as such) right now! I just have Medicare and my pension.

But I can compare against the previous statement.

Also, the "statement" is just an estimate as far as I know.

At least until you finally file for benefits.

When I first found out what the increase was, I figured out pretty close to the dollar how much of an increase I'd get. I start planning my income and expenditures three months in advance. Turns out my net will be a dollar more than I had projected.
I did the same
Pretty close

Yeah, this time of year I peck at the budget too
Started updating it last month
Waiting for one more utility update before I can finalize 2024
Everything is on annual average (no surprises)

I don't understand SS statements. I've been checking the web site since my late husband's benefit has been "settled" and I have printed the verification letter from them to use for certain utility reductions. However, I've gotten snail mail from them also and the benefit amount is different then what the web says. I don't actually know how much my real benefit will be.

Not only do they take away my SS I was getting but Medicare will go up again along with the house payment in January...AAARRRGGGHHH!
What is the difference in amounts between the website and snail mail Colleen, if you don't mind me asking? Can you tell if the online one more recent?

Last edited:
This thread caused me to go back and look at old email. I did get an email back on 11/25 saying I had a new message on "my social security". I haven't bothered to look at yet, but will do it today, or tomorrow for sure, well, by Monday anyway.

My SSA end of year IRS Statement is in my mailbox.
I signed up for USPS Informed Delivery about a year ago- and they email me photos of my mail, every morning, that will be in my rural mail box, which is down a slope about 150 feet from my home.

If the photo mail does not look too important, and the weather is bad I just wait to get my mail the next day....and throw away most of it!

Back