Have You Received The Latest "Omicron" Booster?

SeaBreeze

Endlessly Groovin'
I recently got mine. So far I've had the two original Moderna vaccinations, a Moderna booster, a Pfizer booster, and the latest Pfizer 'Omicron' booster. My husband just received his a few days ago. Neither of us have had noticeable side effects from it, very mild soreness at the injection site the next day.

Did you receive the latest booster?

"Latest"? I don't know. My second booster was a Moderna bivalent (includes omicron) in October. No side effects from that or from the previous three (which were Pfizer).

The provincial government decides when we'll get each shot, so we're a bit behind other places.

I recently got mine. So far I've had the two original Moderna vaccinations, a Moderna booster, a Pfizer booster, and the latest Pfizer 'Omicron' booster. My husband just received his a few days ago. Neither of us have had noticeable side effects from it, very mild soreness at the injection site the next day.

Did you receive the latest booster?
Scheduled for another Moderna booster tomorrow. That catches me up to current with what Kaiser Permanente recommends.

Got the booster a couple of weeks ago. No issues. Had the annual flu shot in October. We paid for the high dose shot.

5 or 6 BC kids have died from complications from the the flu.

I got the Pfizer omicron booster in Sept. No ill effects at all. I caught the virus at Thanksgiving, and was very mildly ill for a few days, mostly just a cough and feeling tired. I'm sure it would have been a lot worse without the vaccine and the three boosters I received. We'll probably get periodic updates on the boosters, maybe requiring a new one every year, similar to the flu. Small price to pay for remaining alive and healthy!

I debate now, whether I was right or wrong in not getting the shot. Now reports (rare reports to be fair) are showing some people having reactions.

Not thrilled about the bad news, but wondering if we should have slowed it down in testing. But, it is, what it is.

Yes, but got Covid a few weeks later anyway. However mine was short and quite mild, less than most colds I have had.

I've had 5, the original 2, 2 boosters and the latest one. All Pfizer , no reactions besides a sore arm for a day or so.
Sorry you got Covid, but very glad to hear it was mild. I haven't been sick at all yet with Covid, but I hope if I do, the effects will be mild. I definitely did not want to be hospitalized or put on a ventilator, so a mild infection would be much better tolerated for those in our age group.

I debate now, whether I was right or wrong in not getting the shot. Now reports (rare reports to be fair) are showing some people having reactions.

Not thrilled about the bad news, but wondering if we should have slowed it down in testing. But, it is, what it is.
I think there are many vaccinations which result in some reactions. I don't get many vaccines, but felt very confident from the start that the Covid vaccinations were safe and well tested.

I have received the latest Omicron booster, my fourth or fifth shot. Also, the latest flu shot. I am glad that I have had it for I see sick people all around me and I am doing good.

I had the first 3 and each time was sick in bed for 4 days. Now that Covid isn’t deadly I am done. I have never taken the flu shot. I don’t mind vaccines that you take every 10 years or longer but yearly is a big no.

FWIW, As most of you know, no Covid vaccines or boosters for me.
I also experienced the same "mild" symptoms others are talking about.
I had 3 days of weakness & fatigue, chest congestion, no real fever, 1 or 2 readings of 99.1.
Congestion & coughing are gone 4 days later, along with a negative Covid test.
And, no - I'm not bragging about not being vaccinated; just providing the facts.
I still consider the vaccines & boosters useless.
If they worked, there wouldn't continue to be cases. Simple. :giggle:

I got one booster. No more. I had the first two vaccines and one booster. On each one, I had a reaction. I also had COVID twice, so no more boosters. The first time I had COVID, it was terrible, but the second time, it wasn’t so bad. I’m depending on my natural antibodies to help take care of me.

Back