Have you traveled alone, solitary, in recent years?

The last extended solo motorcycle ride I took was a old school (camping along the way) three week, 6,000+ mile trip to areas of the western U.S. That was in 2005. These days my solo rides are closer to home base, mostly weekend excursions.

No, not very recently. But between 2018 and 2020 I did. All by myself, I went to England, Argentina and Venezuela, Thailand, and Okinawa Prefecture. I stayed in Venezuela for a few months, working on my cousin's farm to get by, and stayed in Thailand for a couple of months, where teaching English got me by.
Good for you! Sure better than growing moldy in front of the TV. I have on the other side of South America; Peru, Bolivia and Chile. It's nice to see that there is more to American than North America. I have been to Thailand a couple of times. You sure can travel cheap in Asia as compared to places like Iceland, Scandaniva or here in Canada. I really believe travel keeps you "young at heart." Again congratulations!

I made a solo trip to Disney World in Florida about 20 years ago. When I was still single. Being a person who has never minded doig things on my own, I enjoyed it. I interacted with many people in lines, or waiting on parades or fireworks who I would have probably not met if with a group. I remember that year there was an interactive main st parade where random visitors were pulled into the parade to briefly interact with characters. I got pulled in and a couple standing next to me asked for my camera and took a picture of me. Then they asked if I would take a picture of them...and they gave me their address to send it to them

Good for you! Sure better than growing moldy in front of the TV. I have on the other side of South America; Peru, Bolivia and Chile. It's nice to see that there is more to American than North America. I have been to Thailand a couple of times. You sure can travel cheap in Asia as compared to places like Iceland, Scandaniva or here in Canada. I really believe travel keeps you "young at heart." Again congratulations!
Thanks, John. I agree, adventure makes you feel young and alive.

But dang, I got those years way off. Should say between 2016 and 2019. I have an excuse; when I took the bad fall I've posted about, I got a head injury that still makes numbers and names a bigger challenge than they should be. I know a lot of us have a hard time with those two things, but I literally have to sit down with a calculator and go over it and over it for hours. Naturally I don't always do that when I just post a quick comment here. But for sure it was 2016 to 2019. Still not that long ago.

I rarely travel alone. When I get an urge, I ask around. If no one wants to come with, I just don't go. They also have to be like-minded. A trip alone is a trip wasted, in my opinion. It's nice when someone has your back and you theirs. Especially when I get to places where I don't speak the language.
Looks like you and Gaer will be getting together for a trip. I can almost bet it happens.
Way to go

My last solo plane trip was Toronto-Vancouver, just over 10 yrs. ago. I've taken a weekend trip with my daughter, a couple of years ago. It was a "theatre weekend", in Niagara-On-The-Lake. A Mother's Day treat.

....I really admire all you that have traveled solo, I was lucky enough to have a travel buddy that I shared many trips with, we liked to do and see the same things and sharing the expense helped....I don't think I ever really had the courage to travel alone. On one of our last trips, I got sick and wound up in the hospital for three days, she had to pack up, clean the condo then drive to the hospital to pick me up and then drive home.

lol..that made me laugh...
:ROFLMAO:...

....yes Spain is just 2.5hours flight from here.. but of course in reality with all the airport faff it's actually a good part of 7 hours to finally get there... a flight to Florida from here to Tampa is around 10 hours...flight only.. never mind the airport time both ends
Why, is That? Who are these people that have this upper-hand?
Why hasn't anything been done yet.

When I was single, I did things by myself. Now DH will meet me a few days later when I visit my family. I’ll overnight alone before travelling on to meet them. Sometimes we met up somewhere when our arrivals from different destinations were hours apart.

I follow a blogging group for women travelling by themselves. With my poor vision, I doubt I could do this now.

I have no trouble chatting with strangers along the way. On a long trip, I want company now.
Blogging travel site, interesting

After my wife passed away, I traveled alone to places she had no interest in. I did a Trians Through Colorado tour, a tour of China, and a trip on the Trans Siberian Express.
My last trip alone was a cruise through the Inner Hebrides of Scotland, followed by riding the Great Little Trains of Wales. and ending up in London. At the end of trip I wrote,
Well so ends a very exciting trip, but at this point my life is at a crossroads. I have no idea when my next trip is or
where it will be to. Time will tell
When I came back from my last trip in October, I said I had no idea where I would be going next, but I did not want
to be traveling alone again. Well, life is funny that way, because I met a wonderful lady named @Kayelle, and the rest is history.

Back