Having a total knee replacement today.

fancicoffee13

I have done the steroid/cortisone shots, the wellness shots including the rooster comb shot. Over the years I received relief from these different shots but recently they did not help and I was back in the doctor's office after one week and he recommended a knee replacement. X-rays showed bone on bone and a lot of arthritis. So, here I go and it will turn out great.

304460.jpg

I have done the steroid/cortisone shots, the wellness shots including the rooster comb shot. Over the years I received relief from these different shots but recently they did not help and I was back in the doctor's office after one week and he recommended a knee replacement. X-rays showed bone on bone and a lot of arthritis. So, here I go and it will turn out great.
I hope it is a successful surgery and helps you. I know several people who have had it done and they are doing much better with the replacement knee. Best wishes.💐

I had the first one on my 70th birthday, it is still fine after 15 years. I had the second one 2 years later, it is fine also.

It is imperative to be fastidious about the rehab afterward.

The doctor said "no" to doing two at one time. He was right.

Good luck!

I need to have mine done. Hubby thinks I should get both done at the same time. He fears that after the first one I won't want to do the second one. I think I will have to wait until we can afford the surgery (insurance stinks) and a new one-story home. I just can't go down a flight of stairs on crutches!! Ugh. Wish you all the best!

Fancicoffee13, My wife may be in this position in the not too distant future, after 30 years in the retail industry. Hope all goes well for you and you let us know good things come from it! Don...

I need to have mine done. Hubby thinks I should get both done at the same time. He fears that after the first one I won't want to do the second one. I think I will have to wait until we can afford the surgery (insurance stinks) and a new one-story home. I just can't go down a flight of stairs on crutches!! Ugh. Wish you all the best!

Have the surgery and rent a stair lift for your home while you're recovering!!

Two people in my diabetes support group (in their 70's) have had knee replacements. Both came out very well. Both have said "The success depends on Physical therapy."

I've had both done. Prior to surgery, my doctor told me that the surgery was useless if you don't do the therapy afterward.

I wish you best of luck with the surgery,I know from personal experience you will feel a lot better and in the days to come the pain will slowly subside,keep thinking positive thoughts,thats what I did. I have no regrets having my partial right knee done 15 yrs ago
I'll keep you in my nightly prayers

Back