Hello and Happy New Year

Loreen

Hi my name is Loreen and I am 55 years old. I am not really that old but honestly I joined here to meet others to get my mind off of my older sisters passing which occurred back in late October. My older sister was only two years older than myself and she was more than an older sister to me. Growing up our lives were not the most ideal. We didn't have the best of parents as they made our lives miserable with physical and mental abuse. Thankfully my older sister successfully when old enough petitioned to get custody of me and even though it was difficult she worked very hard to make it happen.

So now I struggle with my daily talks with her. The holidays have not been the same as before so here I am trying this forum to meet and chat with others to hopefully take my mind off of things. I also have my 25 year old daughter and her 7 year old son that helps me a lot, but this I hope to be an added option as well. I have been divorced for 30 years now so with the exception of going out on some dates I don't have that sort of company on a regular basis. I do hope this forum will be something I can turn to for some fun and good times in the upcoming years.

Happy New Year, Loreen

Hi Loreen, my condolences for the loss of your sister. Hope the new year brings you lots of happiness.

full

Hi Loreen welcome aboard glad you found us
My sympathies regarding your sister,the 1st yr without family members is always difficult.
I'm sure she is pleased to know you have found a forum like SF, where others can give you their experiences so you are not alone in this.You've come to the right place
Happy New Year Sue in Buffalo,NY

Hi Loreen welcome aboard glad you found us
My sympathies regarding your sister,the 1st yr without family members is always difficult.
I'm sure she is pleased to know you have found a forum like SF, where others can give you their experiences so you are not alone in this.You've come to the right place
Happy New Year Sue in Buffalo,NY
Thank You for those kind words Sue. You're so right that it has been terribly difficult. With all the lovely welcomes so far, I can see this place is a caring place.

Hi my name is Loreen and I am 55 years old. I am not really that old but honestly I joined here to meet others to get my mind off of my older sisters passing which occurred back in late October.
Hi Loreen...
Welcome!!! This is a great site with very lovely people. Sit back, relax and chime right in. Sorry for the passing of your sister. With each day, I am hoping it get easy for you to deal with the passing of your sister. My middle sister died on my birthday by a hit and run driver Nov 23rd. There are not words.. but I can say, this forum was a Godsend. I also have other avenues as to how I deal with it but this site is one of them. Feel free to send me a private message if you need/want to talk one on one.

Hi Loreen...
Welcome!!! This is a great site with very lovely people. Sit back, relax and chime right in. Sorry for the passing of your sister. With each day, I am hoping it get easy for you to deal with the passing of your sister. My middle sister died on my birthday by a hit and run driver Nov 23rd. There are not words.. but I can say, this forum was a Godsend. I also have other avenues as to how I deal with it but this site is one of them. Feel free to send me a private message if you need/want to talk one on one.
Thank You so much.

Welcome Loreen, from London England..

Condolences on the passing of your sister. You and our other new member LadyBJ have had a very sad recent period with both of your beloved sister's passing in tragic circumstances and you both must be hiuurting badly .. I'm so sorry for you both...

Hopefully we will try and divert your thoughts for even a few minutes of each day while the pain is still so raw...so

Welcometogroup.gif

Welcome Loreen, from London England..

Condolences on the passing of your sister. You and our other new member LadyBJ have had a very sad recent period with both of your beloved sister's passing in tragic circumstances and you both must be hiuurting badly .. I'm so sorry for you both...

Hopefully we will try and divert your thoughts for even a few minutes of each day while the pain is still so raw...so

Welcometogroup.gif
Thank You so much. Yes even though her passing was actually a blessing because she had a rare form of Cancer. Either way it is still very hard to lose someone so close to you.

smiley welcome.gif

I hope you find comfort here among the many good people that frequent this wonderful forum, Loreen. I have a sister who has had cancers, and though she has pulled through them all, I always have this fear of losing her. My heartfelt condolences.

I want to thank everyone for the kind welcomes and making me feel right at home here. It really helps to have a nice place to ease your mind to come to with friendly people to chat with.

Back