hello and what can I look forward to in belonging to this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Lee, I am just starting to find my way around this site. I see you are from Canada as well. Have you had snow yet this Fall in Mcgregor? We have here in Alberta. Southern Alberta got it worse. Warming up by the end of the week they say. Weather seems to play such an important role here in Canada don't you think?

Snow....we seldom see snow before December around here. I was hanging out my Christmas lights in a tee shirt last year and that was about Dec 10.

I know you got the snow out your way Patra....I watched the weather network and just shivered.

Snow....we seldom see snow before December around here. I was hanging out my Christmas lights in a tee shirt last year and that was about Dec 10.

I know you got the snow out your way Patra....I watched the weather network and just shivered.

Yes, time to get out the gloves and warm boots I guess. Turn up the thermostat. We have had a wonderful summer though - here in central Alberta where I am from, summer has been warm and dry. I was in the mountains just two weeks ago - it was lovely! Have you travelled out West yourself?

Your lack of understanding about the King is appalling, but hanging around this forum might help you with it...

Hi Pappy,

thanks for the recommendation. Do you think Ralphy ever saw Elvis live on stage? Now that would be something to talk about. Are you an Elvis fan too, Pappy?

Hi Patra ... and welcome. Glad you are here. Enjoy the forum!

(We do talk about other things besides Elvis .. :D)

Enjoying making friends

Hi Patra ... and welcome. Glad you are here. Enjoy the forum!

(We do talk about other things besides Elvis .. :D)

Why thanks Bonnie. I appreciate the welcome! I joined only a few days ago, but I have been busy enjoying sharing my ideas with people and getting feedback from some, and have even solved a hangman puzzle in the Games thread.

:D Elvis? do you mean the " King "? :D

Elvis was coming to my state to put on a show the week that he died. I couldn't afford the tickets but his unfortunate death means that it didn't make any difference...

Why thanks Bonnie. I appreciate the welcome! I joined only a few days ago, but I have been busy enjoying sharing my ideas with people and getting feedback from some, and have even solved a hangman puzzle in the Games thread.

:D Elvis? do you mean the " King "? :D

Yes ...

elvispresley-theking_1.jpg

Anyone have any DVD concerts of The King?
We have two:
Elvis Lives: 25th Anniversary Concert (2002).........where modern technology reunites him with his band and back-up singers.
Elvis: "Aloha From Hawaii" (1973)

Gee, do we like Elvis as well as Classic Rock, Motown, Oldies and Country...........oh YES!!

Hello Prairie dog, Nice to meet you. So far on this Forum the people have been very friendly. I have followed some of the more serious discussions, and I like the fact that people are not afraid of stating what's on their minds. I've read some hearty and healthy discourse here.

I live on the Prairies, being in Alberta, but I do love the mountains. Just visited Jasper and stayed at Miette Hot Springs for several days about two weeks ago. Have you seen the new Alberta license plate with its mountain background? Or are you a true blue "prairie dog" and are from Saskatchewan? Waving wheatfields and such.

Patra I know by your posts you surely will enjoy this forum.. you have settled in already ... so many topics to cover and games if your interested... I live in Australia have you ever been to Australia? we are coming into our spring time now with trees just starting to bud and flowers emerging from their beds .. its a pretty time of the year as I know it is over in Canada and America also England.. I am looking forward to hearing more of what you have to say.. :)

Patra I know by your posts you surely will enjoy this forum.. you have settled in already ... so many topics to cover and games if your interested... I live in Australia have you ever been to Australia? we are coming into our spring time now with trees just starting to bud and flowers emerging from their beds .. its a pretty time of the year as I know it is over in Canada and America also England.. I am looking forward to hearing more of what you have to say.. :)

Thanks Rainee, There are some great topics and discussions which I have been following. And joined in some of the games. Never been to Australia. But have travelled at bit in Europe and in Canada. Have you ever been to Canada? It is a very nice time of year - autumn in September on the Prairies is a beautiful time. Leaves changing color against clear blue skies. A week ago however, the southern part of the Province was getting snow. Did you see any of my posts of the Calgary snowfall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back