Hello fellow Vets and Seniors

Mat

Sure is hard to find any forums for Vietnam vets. I often wonder why that is but haven't found the answer yet. 2 years ago I finally dumped facebook and just about all contact with people I served with. I've been keeping busy for the past 10 years working on image tributes for everyone that ask for one while I was on facebook. For a long time I had a lot of people asking for one but it got really slow because most I had made were given out to two of my companies I served and other assorted companies. I think our age has more to do with the thinning than any other possibility. All my images I gave to people were a true tribute never made for money and I kept them online but the image hosting is hit and miss now. I have quite a few in this album if you would like to view them.

https://ibb.co/album/H71gmd

Welcome to Senior Forums, Mat! Thank you for your service!

hqdefault.jpg

Welcome, Mat. There are a number of us here, but I suppose many don't really talk about it all that much. I mention some things here in the context of whatever conversation is going on, but have never participated in the telling of war stories because, at least for me, that only serves to conjure up the memories and all that goes with it. I get reminded often enough simply by going to the VA for appointments. There is a military sub-forum here that you may be able to find people to discuss this sort of thing with though.

Anyway, thanks for your service. Isn't it good to get back to the world? :)

Tony

G'Day Mat welcome from the Land Downunder.

View attachment 132625

Thanks to Australia for helping us and standing shoulder to shoulder with America. Only two others helped which were Thailand, and South Korea. People think of Australia as a huge Nation and don't understand it is so big with a very small population.
It must have cost Australia a huge sum to provide Ground Forces and constant Naval ships off Yankee Station. We that were there were a little safer and we don't forget who our friends are. I hope the youth of today continue to feel that way after all of us are gone.

Back