Hello! I'm new here and have a question....

When I received my verification email from this site I noticed the email shows as "unencrypted" with the diagonal red line through it, are all emails here that way? I'm just trying to stay safe.
Hi @starbirdlady ... and welcome! I've never gotten an email like that, but maybe someone will be able to answer it for you. In the meantime, I'll say that there isn't anything unsafe about this site... and since it doesn't involve email exchange, I can't see where that would even be affected. I hope you'll join us and I'll look forward to getting to know you! 🌷🌻

Hi @starbirdlady ... and welcome! I've never gotten an email like that, but maybe someone will be able to answer it for you. In the meantime, I'll say that there isn't anything unsafe about this site... and since it doesn't involve email exchange, I can't see where that would even be affected. I hope you'll join us and I'll look forward to getting to know you! 🌷🌻
Thank you!

Unless you set your preferences to have email alerts for new posts etc (I never do, personally) the verification email is the only email you're ever likely to get from this site. Private mails/conversations are exactly that, and they stay within the site. I've used XenForo forums a lot and they are fine

Welcome aboard:)

When I received my verification email from this site I noticed the email shows as "unencrypted" with the diagonal red line through it, are all emails here that way? I'm just trying to stay safe.
I've used this site since last summer. I've made a lot of virtual friends here. I'm a retired electrical engineer and a computer geek. In my opinion this site is perfectly safe. Just keep in mind that whatever you post here is public.

Unless you set your preferences to have email alerts for new posts etc (I never do, personally) the verification email is the only email you're ever likely to get from this site. Private mails/conversations are exactly that, and they stay within the site. I've used XenForo forums a lot and they are fine

Welcome aboard:)
Thanks for your insight!

I've used this site since last summer. I've made a lot of virtual friends here. I'm a retired electrical engineer and a computer geek. In my opinion this site is perfectly safe. Just keep in mind that whatever you post here is public.
Thanks for your reply!

Hi Starbirdlady,welcome glad you found us, the more the merrier
As you learn your way around the site, you'll meet new online friends from around the world which makes SF a cool place to hang out every day
Where in New England do you call home?
Enjoy yourself
Sue in Buffalo,NY

Back