Helping Families Find Infant Formula - US Gov. Website

I don't know if the stores can't get it have to wonder if some the mentioned organizations will be able to get it or keep it in stock. Same for the 'call your doctor for samples' -they'll probably run out after the first few patients/parents pick some up.

To top it off there was already 'a' black market for things like forumula and diapers before the virus. Many stores were just starting to unlock things like forumula, diapers, Tide detergent etc going into it. Throw in hoarders just like they said new product won't be leaving the restarted plant for a couple of months. So don't count on a healthy supply til fall if that.

Personally I'd look for an alternate solution or plan B.

well, when things are bad, you do the best you can.

I would certainly explore the information in the government website above.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Turns out there are three, count ‘em, three warehouses full of baby supplies at the border, including formula. Maybe the government could turn loose that supply.

Well, if they are earmarked for the children of people illegally crossing the border...I am sure a 3 month old child of an illegal immigrant is quite innocent of any wrong doing and does not deserve to suffer and die, just because of the actions of the parents.

and that is if the parents didn't just escape a war zone to save the child in the first place.

I don't think it is one or the other...that the children of illegal immigrants have to die...in order to solve this problem.

I am pretty sure, under law, the government can compel industries to produce more baby formula.

Oh, you know, take dairy companies making milk and yogurt and compel them, under the war act, to make more formula.

Was done in WWII. Law has not changed.

That sounds like a solution.

There is always a way to find a moral solution to problems.

People are just too selfish and greedy to engage with those solutions.

Turns out there are three, count ‘em, three warehouses full of baby supplies at the border, including formula. Maybe the government could turn loose that supply.
at the Texas border this week ...
infant-formula-640x480.jpg

Well, if they are earmarked for the children of people illegally crossing the border...I am sure a 3 month old child of an illegal immigrant is quite innocent of any wrong doing and does not deserve to suffer and die, just because of the actions of the parents.

and that is if the parents didn't just escape a war zone to save the child in the first place.

I don't think it is one or the other...that the children of illegal immigrants have to die...in order to solve this problem.

I am pretty sure, under law, the government can compel industries to produce more baby formula.

Oh, you know, take dairy companies making milk and yogurt and compel them, under the war act, to make more formula.

Biden invokes Defense Production Act to address infant formula shortage, among other actions​

CNN — President Joe Biden announced on Wednesday that his administration would be taking new actions to attempt to alleviate ongoing infant formula shortages in the United States, including invoking the Defense Production Act.

The President is invoking the act – which allows the government more control over industrial production during emergencies – to direct manufacturers of ingredients of formula to prioritize delivery to the manufacturers of formula.

Biden also announced the creation of Operation Fly Formula, which asks that federal agencies, like the Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Agriculture, utilize the Defense Department’s commercial planes to import formula from abroad.

The Biden administration has been faced with growing questions and criticism for the national formula shortage that has anxious and angry parents hopping from store to store in search of baby food.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/18/politics/biden-defense-production-act-baby-formula/index.html

Biden invokes Defense Production Act to address infant formula shortage, among other actions​

CNN — President Joe Biden announced on Wednesday that his administration would be taking new actions to attempt to alleviate ongoing infant formula shortages in the United States, including invoking the Defense Production Act.

The President is invoking the act – which allows the government more control over industrial production during emergencies – to direct manufacturers of ingredients of formula to prioritize delivery to the manufacturers of formula.

Biden also announced the creation of Operation Fly Formula, which asks that federal agencies, like the Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Agriculture, utilize the Defense Department’s commercial planes to import formula from abroad.

The Biden administration has been faced with growing questions and criticism for the national formula shortage that has anxious and angry parents hopping from store to store in search of baby food.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/18/politics/biden-defense-production-act-baby-formula/index.html

Oh, good news. I had not seen that. Makes perfect sense, right thing to do...

No one is suggesting that immigrant children should suffer. But their parent is breaking the law. So why should they have privileged access to baby formula over a citizen? And it’s no doubt free. This has been a problem for a few months now, and nothing was done. America last.

No one is suggesting that immigrant children should suffer. But their parent is breaking the law. So why should they have privileged access to baby formula over a citizen? And it’s no doubt free. This has been a problem for a few months now, and nothing was done. America last.

We easily have the ability to do both. We can save their lives and the lives of our own citizens.

It is not a choice between them and our citizens.

Perhaps you have a different view, but It would be outside of my religious moral commitments not to help. I clearly see this as an example of the Good Samaritan Parable and the call from the will of Christ, would be to help those in need.

Last edited:
It is not a choice between them and our citizens.

However, for the past couple months, that is exactly what it has been ...

Baby formula disappeared from warehouse stock across our country.
It went directly to border areas in huge quantities while US mothers looked at empty store shelves.

Last edited:
If we “easily have the ability to do both,” then why are shelves empty here, bit not at the border? What has taken so long for the government to act? And what were the immigrants feeding their children on the long trek north? It’s a matter of prioritization, and it’s very clear where the government priorities are.

If we “easily have the ability to do both,” then why are shelves empty here, bit not at the border? What has taken so long for the government to act? And what were the immigrants feeding their children on the long trek north? It’s a matter of prioritization, and it’s very clear where the government priorities are.

Good question!
And those immigrants probably have no idea what to do when handed baby formula .... Bottles? Sterilizing?

No one making these decisions for the handouts is thinking this stuff through ....

Back