Here's my new painting. Let's see YOUR new creation!

For you, I will try to dig a few out of my footlocker. I sold a few on eBay after a friend insisted that I allow him to give it a try. Shocked me why anyone would want something that I did. Give me a few days and I will post what I think won’t embarrass me.
great! This thread is about showing what wonderful creations and incredible talent the people on this forum possess!
We look forward to your post!

VERY nice Gaer. Actually the last thing I created is music. I haven't done any free-hand artwork in a long time but I have worked in my coloring books. I think this was the last thing I finished.

View attachment 192275
Beautiful colors! I designed an Angel coloring book but I don't want to publish it online until it's copyrighted.
I may use the designs to illustrate another book I'm writing instead. Don't know yet.
Thanks for adding this to the thread!

Beautiful colors! I designed an Angel coloring book but I don't want to publish it online until it's copyrighted.
I may use the designs to illustrate another book I'm writing instead. Don't know yet.
Thanks for adding this to the thread!
You're welcome, of course. Thank YOU for this thread. It is a wonderful "venue" for creative folks to "strut their stuff". :D

Gaer, quite liked your powerful rendition of a northern European of pre-historic eras. The murky background works well providing an ancient vibe.

My hobby has been landscape and nature photography and I particularly like taking pictures of beautiful flowers including close-ups of cultured roses. The below is a downsized crop from a full flower 3700x3200 pixel image but more effective graphically cropped. From May 2020 with my A6000 / 60mm from 9 individual focus stack shots blended in Zerene Stacker then Photoshop CS6 processed.

SU07354-63y.jpg

Gaer, quite liked your powerful rendition of a northern European of pre-historic eras. The murky background works well providing an ancient vibe.

My hobby has been landscape and nature photography and I particularly like taking pictures of beautiful flowers including close-ups of cultured roses. The below is a downsized crop from a full flower 3700x3200 pixel image but more effective graphically cropped. From May 2020 with my A6000 / 60mm from 9 individual focus stack shots blended in Zerene Stacker then Photoshop CS6 processed.

View attachment 192317
Wow! Are your photographs on Flickr.com? Amazing!

I used to paint a lot but when I moved down here into this tiny apartment, I sold and gave away all my paints (and paintings). I also like to draw but I haven't done much of that, either, since little Paxton moved in.

Here's a couple pencil drawings I did for my grandson a few years back. (he's a Star Wars fan)View attachment 192321
View attachment 192322
SO COOL!!! Thanks for posting that!

Wow! Are your photographs on Flickr.com? Amazing!
No not on Flickr and am not on any social media that has arisen since smartphones. I have a large body of work that I will be publicly exhibiting with multimedia once 8k displays mature a bit more, maybe sometime next year as Display Port 2.0 interfaces appear. Currently in the last 2 years many large 8k television products integrated with receivers have come to market but no large external monitors able to run directly from PC's. One can display static images on 8k TV's however functionality is limited. Traditionally photographers of large color photos have exhibited work with heavy fragile framed prints in galleries or museums however that becomes logistically impossible for more than just a few pieces. In this era, a single small USB memory stick can hold hundreds of large images at 8k and larger sizes.

No not on Flickr and am not on any social media that has arisen since smartphones. I have a large body of work that I will be publicly exhibiting with multimedia once 8k displays mature a bit more, maybe sometime next year as Display Port 2.0 interfaces appear. Currently in the last 2 years many large 8k television products integrated with receivers have come to market but no large external monitors able to run directly from PC's. One can display static images on 8k TV's however functionality is limited. Traditionally photographers of large color photos have exhibited work with heavy fragile framed prints in galleries or museums however that becomes logistically impossible for more than just a few pieces. In this era, a single small USB memory stick can hold hundreds of large images at 8k and larger sizes.
I know your exhibit will be impressive! These are pretty incredible! If you have either a white rose or any flower of blue, I'd love to see them!

TF04593-27-cr1.jpg

I don't currently have a pure white rose photo good enough to show in public but rather some off white as with this one shot in May 2021. I've been trying to capture a strong pure white rose with good detail, maybe will succeed May 2022. The original above is 3800x4100 pixels of the full flower, here cropped and downsized down to the central more light pink portion.

OE01984-02015-2x2h-cr1.jpg

The above is a 4x downsized for web version of a 2015 photo of blue and white hued very fragrant sky lupine, lupinus nanus, and our most colorful lupine, the yellow, magenta, and red hued harlequin lupine, lupinus stiversii. 8900x6000 pixels 4 frame 2 column 2 row 32 image focus stack stitch blended A6000 60mm. I do notice the forum software for usual bandwidth reasons reduces actual sharp resolution resulting in softer images.

Last edited:
Another paint-by-number I did. My son's favorite. Hangs over the fireplace.
girlatpianopaintbynumberapostolides-jpg.192401

Lovely! Those paint-by-number are getting really entailed and impressive, arn't they?
Yes, they are! They give me the foundation to work with and then I go from there. What I like is that the paints are already mixed and it saves me a lot of time. Once I did an actual painting on my own, and it took me forever to get the right colors. It was frustrating.

Back