High dose vitamin C

What Bonnie said! When you get carried away with vitamins/supplements it's almost always a case of in one end and out the other for anything more than RDA. Then there are those that can actually make you very ill. Best not to do it unless your doc has told you to.

What Bonnie said! When you get carried away with vitamins/supplements it's almost always a case of in one end and out the other for anything more than RDA. Then there are those that can actually make you very ill. Best not to do it unless your doc has told you to.
Since he's talking about injections, I'm assuming he'll be under the doc's care and the doc will decide dosage and monitor him.

I've read a few studies and medical journal entries about this - yes, Vit C fights cancer.
Except that previous studies have come into question. ...I just read that. Just now.

So, a new study was started last year. I didn't find the results, so I assume it was interrupted by covid or is still ongoing.

Anyway, here's a link. If I were you, I'd skip down to the bolded word Rekindled.

https://www.cancer.gov/research/key-initiatives/ras/ras-central/blog/2020/yun-cantley-vitamin-c

It is possible (I don't know) that this could be a good thing to consider, or to possibly add to other treatment plans, but it would need the input of a medical professional. The high dose would be a temporary medicinal level meant for more effects, than taking any over-the-counter oral form, which I would NOT take ongoing high doses of those you buy yourself.

It is possible that even though it might have possible unwanted side effects, that the possible benefits might outweigh those.
Again, to be weighted out risks VS benefits, by or with a doctor.

Such as, because if you know you have the cancer, so it is sometimes worth trying something, even if it has a possible downside of some other unwanted result, but more important to take care of your most serious, present problem that you do have (if you do) and do not want to ignore.
Especially I would personally consider it, if my other options were very limited.

Last edited:
I just started taking a daily C last week because I'm having trouble shaking a cold and I've always heard it's good for fighting infections. I haven't been able to eat citrus fruits for a few years because it gives me acid reflux, so I'm sure I need it.

Vitamin C is water soluble so you usually don't have to worry about getting too much in your system the way you would with a fat soluble one like Vitamin A. Any excess will run out.

However mega doses might put a strain on your kidneys as Bonnie warns.

If I was in your shoes, Al, I would be trying everything including eating kale. Best of luck to you!

I have heard about the high dose Vitamin C years ago, but have not researched it since then. For prostate cancer, you have to remember you want to stop the cancer cells in their tracks. Cancer cells thrive on meat (growth hormones are in meat), alcohol (brings sugar to the cancer cells), lots of ice cream or cheese (remember, think growth hormones). Try a vegetarian diet for awhile, and see how it feels. My dad had prostate cancer (it runs in his family) and he had it for 15 years. It was slow growing and he took a pill for it. He never changed his diet (no matter how many times I pleaded with him). Yet he lasted all those years. So the bottom line, do what you feel is best. It's your body and your life. Good luck!

Back