Higher gasoline prices coming

I'm lucky that I don't use much gas these days.

I am concerned that it will add to the cost of everyday goods and services.

One more thing that could help to kick off a rise in inflation or a stumble for the stock market.
carflintstone.jpg
Don't worry, there's an answer and it's a win, win situation. No fuel bills, you keep trim and no pollution.

In this province the price of gas went up yesterday by 16 cents per litre, that’s about 60 cents a gallon. We don’t get our gas from the US. Any excuse for price gouging. It’ll go back down in a few days.

Since we don’t go anywhere, it’s not an issue right now. Definitely agree with Aunt Bea about price of G&S going up.

No of course we don't have far to drive, unless you call a daily commute to work of 100 miles there and back which is normal for many people where I live or even further if you live in the northern rural areas "not far"
Well, I drove 1,935 miles last week, 880 in the past 2 days, so your daily commute sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Thank goodness I don't have to do that every week. These old bones get pretty achy.

I am concerned that it will add to the cost of everyday goods and services.

One more thing that could help to kick off a rise in inflation or a stumble for the stock market.

Depressing but probably true.

Since I want to retire this year I am suddenly more aware of price changes. I'm not sure how I will handle things like that on a relatively fixed income.

There is still an oil glut I can't see gas prices going up for any reason the vacation in the Spring / Summer.
It's all based on speculation and futures. Gasoline retailers base the price per gallon on what it costs them to replace what they have in the ground (tanks) now. Not on what the cost was to buy what they are selling now.
Closing Federal Land to natural gas and drilling, cancelling XL pipeline and other pipe lines all drive the futures.
We will still get that oil from Canada, but it now will be shipped via rail. Again costing more.
(by the way George Soros is a huge investor in the Canadian railroad that ships the oil)
Plus the current fiasco in Texas closed refineries for a few days.
Oil glut maybe, but it needs to be refined into gasoline. So if the current supply of gas is not replenished at the same rate as before, the price goes up temporarily. Supply and demand. The price of gas goes up like a rocket and comes down like a feather. Gas should start falling soon as Texas refineries come back on line.

We had to do some running around yesterday, and the gas price was a fairly consistent $2.49/gal as far as 60 miles away from here. That's 40 or 50 cents more than prices were a couple of weeks ago. We don't drive much this time of year, so it's no big deal....I'll just be glad if prices stay well below $3/gal.

I used to see how good my reflexes ere at the gas pump was $4/gal. the money meter would travel so fast I tried to stop it each time it showed an even dollar amount like 1.00/2.00 etc. The meter was going so fast I could never react fast enough. Back then you could not burn money as fast as the gas pump took your money.

Some days I have gas that would power pretty much anything that needs to move or provide heat. Not sure I'd want a pipeline installed at the source though!

They've already gone up where I live. $2.49 per gal is the lowest I've seen.
I don't get why there's angst about current gas prices? Except maybe Saudi Arabia, most other countries pay much higher prices.

Back